Sunday, October 30, 2011

Delilah

You know that you're in need of comfort when you listen to The Delilah Show on the radio while doing homework...

Funny thing is, listening to her show is sort of a calming thing for me since I grew up listening to her on 97.1 WASH-FM during those night time car rides between my mom and dad's house. She was like some invisible aunt who was always calm, collected and had that comforting "everything will be okay" voice that made my problems disappear. Well, now that it's midterms time coupled with the stress of keeping my shit together with clubs and such, I'm actually kind of glad to be listening to her and the sappy love songs she plays.

Cheers to you, Aunt Delilah, keeping this now college student sane since the mid-nineties.

JP

www.delilah.com

3 comments:

  1. She's still around? Wow. Breath my brother. You'll do fine on the midterms. I remember those days well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I listen to her regardless of my stress level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us old guys like news talk shows on the radio; sort of keeps us in the real world. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete