Saturday, October 29, 2011

Q&A Answers

-Do you think you would accept a life partner right now if the right guy showed up or do you want more experience?
 -I don't know honestly. If by "right now" you mean that someone comes out of nowhere and I am infatuated with him I would say no because I know things and relationships at this point in my life are so fleeting. I would say that if I do meet someone and we end up dating for a while (a couple of years "a while") then maybe. That's a bit far in the future, I still haven't had a boyfriend yet so I'll take things one step at a time haha.


-Any trustworthy friends at university you can confide in?
-I do have a few friends I do confide in at school. My go-to will always be my friend Maria even though she goes to school in a different state. Here in D.C. though, I have a small group I can talk to. My friend Jackie is very friendly, open and understanding so I confide a fair amount of things to her. Same goes for her roommate and our mutual friend Kate. I also have my friend Liz who I am very close with and have talked to about many things in the past.


-Favourite exercise?
-I'm a big erg fan. It's more of a love-hate relationship because it kicks my ass every time I use it but that's because I make it a purpose to make my erg workout on the tough side. It's probably the one biggest take away from my rowing days. Plus, I'm one of the few people who actually know how to use it which is nice.

What course do you do and what job are you intending to grab later on after it?
-I'm in the business school at my university so as of now, I'm taking Managerial Accounting and Management and Organizational Behavior. During my freshman year I took Financial Accounting, International Business and Operations and Info Management. I've also been fulfilling my Liberal Arts requirements (Psych, Sociology, English, Philosophy, Theology etc) and I'm taking German right now as well. Starting next semester/next school year, my courses will be focused on my majors which I think will be Finance and International Business with a possible minor in Psychology or Sociology. I have to declare by the end of my Spring semester so I need to decide quick haha.

Where'd the blog name come from/ howd you pick up french?
-I started French in middle school and took it until the end of the high school, so about 5 years. I started this blog back when I was still in high school and I thought a French title would be kinda fun and quirky. The title translates to "A Complicated Life" which I think reflects my life as a gay student trying to figure out his place in the world.

Do you play any games ?
-I don't know if you mean like video games or sports but I do a little of both. I'm a sucker for older games so I still play Pokémon online (the original red/blue and yellow versions) and stuff on my GameCube like Super Smash Brothers Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart and Soul Calibur.
Occasionally I'll dive into FPS games like Halo or Call of Duty.

As for sports, I tried out sculling this past summer and I plan to get a permit to scull over the summer from the local boat house. Otherwise, I enjoy rock climbing, bowling (it's a sport!) and I want to try out archery again.

Thanks for the questions guys. If you have any more please ask away.

If you're on the East Coast, stay warm and stay safe. We're getting a few flurries here in DC but I know those of you a little further from the coast are supposed to be getting quite a bit of the white stuff.

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. Considering you are a young guy dealing with sexuality as you go forward I'd say you are coping very well. As for university the big dangers that take you down are booze, drugs and partying to the detriment of studies. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete