Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And it Shall Rain Gravy and Stuffing

I’m only a handful of hours away from heading home for Thanksgiving and I’m absolutely giddy. Facebook has been flooded by countless statuses (stati?) of people announcing their mass exoduses homeward to the DMV. I’m going to have to eat dinner on campus since mom needs to make dinner at home for my grandpa but that’s fine with me. I’ll be heading over to my friend B’s house (who I haven’t seen since I graduated, how sad is that?) to watch Glee with her, Ms. X and H tonight. Tomorrow I’ll be spending the day at home until I head over to my dad’s house for Thanksgiving day preparations.

It’s been many weeks since I last saw my dad and I’m looking forward to spending time with him and mom for once. Thanksgiving is looking to be a pretty big gathering this year, with about 18 people from the fam and then the one or two people I’ve invited from school who can’t make their way home for Thanksgiving. I love big gatherings haha.

My Friday is completely booked with getting together with Maria where we’re going to go grocery shopping and then make an Indian food lunch and bake a cake. We’re going to enjoy the feast while watching Bollywood movies, why are my friend’s so awesome? Haha. Friday night is my friend C’s birthday dinner and I’ll get to see many more friends there too that I hadn’t seen since August which I’m really excited for.

My weekend will be dedicated to time with the family. I owe them a full weekend to ourselves and I intend to a good amount of quality time with both of them. Maybe I can coax out a winter wardrobe shopping trip while I’m at it :P

Ahhh, the joys of a relaxing break.

I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and a safe trip home if you’re travelling; and if you’re not celebrating Thanksgiving a wonderful rest of the week.

All the best,

JP

P.S. I just realized this is my 200th post. Thanks so much to all of you guys for coming along this journey with me. Back when I first started this blog I simply saw it as a means of escape and a place to record my thoughts. Now I see it as much more than that, It's a community I have become a part of and a world where I've come to know of so many extraordinary people. Here's to 200 more posts or even more than that. Love Y'all :)

3 comments:

  1. I think the Latin word status has a u-stem 4th declension in which the plural is still 'status', with a long 'u' pronounciation. I think some English dictionaries permit statuses. (I took Latin all through high school but I had to brush up to find info on this)
    -I'm glad you get along great with your family and have so many friends. I comment on some other young gay blogs where you'd think their families were ogres lol. If a teen has parents with unrealistic expectations then the best thing to do is to work around it. Have a nice break and don't eat too much turkey! bfn - Wayne :) (looking forward to another 200 posts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 200th and have fun and eat a lot :)

    ReplyDelete