Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Be My Teenage Dream Tonight

It’s been a while, eh? Finals week is approaching and pretty much I’ve been finding myself locked in the library until the wee hours of the morning trying to churn out papers and work of questionable quality.

I’ve had some strange things happen to me lately, whether or not it is due to stress I cannot know but it’s a likely suspect. Strangeness however is something I have gotten used to and there is actually much to discuss and tell. Shall we begin?

Something somewhat foreign to me has entered my life and I’m not particularly sure how to react. I’ve developed some sort of quiet hatred for someone, a friend actually. This isn’t hatred out of jealousy but more simply over who the person is and their personality. While I would never say this is outright, I get the impression that the reason I harbor such a quiet anger is that I think “subject Y” is in my mind a selfish, whiny, two-faced individual simply seeking sympathy and attention. Thing is, Y is a truly nice person on the outside, Y comes across as kind and gentle yet nevertheless I get the distinct impression there is an act being put on, that it’s all ingenuine and is meant to lull others into a sense of false security. I know Y has a habit of talking about others behind their backs which just adds to the problem. While it could be just me, Something just seems off about Y which makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

As I’ve said many times recently I’ve been staying on my home floor much more lately and working with them and hanging out with them. It was last week during the night we watched Love Actually that I met a new guy from a different dorm named Zach. He’s friends with one of my other friends and a few other people on my floor and that’s how we all initially met through acquaintance. Zach’s a very cool guy, he’s tall, has gorgeous blue eyes, brown hair and sings in an acapella group here on campus; I also think he could be gay. For the past few nights I’ve been studying in the library when he joins us to work and I’ve sat next to him each time. We chat and talk and sometimes tease and just get along well; he’s a cute/hot nerd and just a nice guy in general. I honestly don’t know if he’s gay or not nor do I plan to ask but hey, the future can hold many surprises, maybe he could play a large role in my future.

I haven’t been able to talk to Glee guy much lately, he’s been doing lots of stuff off campus and he missed Glee tonight for a dance related class elsewhere in DC. I wish I could get to know him a little better than the brief handful of sentences we’ve exchanged. If I could get to know him through interaction like I have with Zach things would likely be much easier to get a read on how well we actually get along.

Mark has been busy himself lately with political work and trying to get reform passed on campus and normally when I run into him it’s due to him working. I’ve gotten better since my little fallout over him a few weeks ago.

I just want an honest relationship…

Blah, this feels like such a filler post but I’m not terribly in the mood for deeper writing. I think finals is causing me to become less expressive in general, too much stress.

Oh, finally, I think I’m going to disable comments for a little while. I realize that while I love getting comments on my posts I find myself constantly looking for notices saying one has posted. So in need to reduce distraction and to return to simple writing, I’m going to disable comments for the foreseeable future. I’ll definitely reopen them in the future however, probably after finals are done would be my best guess.

It’s almost 3:30AM, time for bed.

All the best,

JP