Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rock My World

It's flattering to be hit on and being once overed by complete strangers, but only if you knew there would be some chance of reciprocation. I got once overed and hit on quite a few times last night yet all from girls. All I could do was smile and act oblivious which got tiring after a while, especially when all you notice is the hot guy across the room dancing with that rather unattractive girl and wishing you could be there instead.

I'm too shy a person to go up and ask someone to dance. I'll dance by myself hoping someone will ask me but end up just walking back with only the sunken feeling of unfulfilled desires. Yeah, it's mostly all my fault. I wish I was more extroverted.

I talked to Liz about potentially asking Glee Guy to coffee once we get back from spring break which starts next Friday. She said to try and talk to him more online and when we do see each other and once we get back just bring things up and casually ask him out. Simple enough, yet that's still something beyond my usual course of action. I'm not the fairy tale figure riding up on a white horse full of pomp and pageantry to woo the love object, I'm the love-shy semi-dorky cute guy you see but never really approach. It would be stepping outside of my comfort zone to actually ask someone out, but maybe that's something I should try. I have two weeks to figure things out at least.

Speaking of Liz, I can truthfully say I'm really grateful I met her back in the fall. She's really become one of my best friends at college and is someone I can talk about anything with. It's rare that one of friends reaches that stage but she's one of those special few.

I've gone out the last two nights so I'm spending a night in, I have a lot of readings to do so it would do me good to get some work done, listen to some music, and get a good nights rest. I also finally have volunteer position with a tutoring program. I'll be tutoring at a DC elementary school on Friday afternoons which works well since now I'll have something to do on the one weekday I don't have class. It should be pretty cool to be able to do something for the community and it's made evn better since transportation is provided and it's not too large of a time commitment.

I don't want to take up too much of your time so I'll conclude with a fun blurb from my monthly horoscope for February-

"...Romance rocks your world on the 27th and 28th. That's great -- and just what the doctor ordered"

Haha, man, that would be fun, less than two hours to go.

All the best,

JP

2 comments:

  1. lol this is funny b/c I was at my friends place eating dove v-day chocolates(left overs) and one said "create passion" the other said something like "follow your heart"

    I don't party but I do know how it feels to be hit on by women and I would have danced with you b/c I too would have been that lonely guy on the dance floor.

    Yeah studies...got to do some of that myself.
    Take Care, JP
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is indeed perverse! If you're gay then the girls are all over you, but if you're str8 then the girls avoid you like the plague lol. Yeah JP I've commented on some other blogs that getting intimacy and sex involves making yourself vulnerable and taking some risk; it's the law of the jungle for animals in the wild and it is the same for us. And yes you may get hurt a few times but you can handle it if you expect it. The volunteer tutoring can be of immense help to some struggling kids; you can really feel good about that. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete