Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ocean City

I really, really want to go to the beach which is odd since I never really liked beaches that much in the past. I was always more of a great-indoors kind of guy. Considering the weather here for the past few days, it's been way to hot to be going outside, but once it falls back into the 80s, I want to go on a weekend trip to Ocean City. The water and beaches this far up the coast aren't particularly good though, more proper for sunbathing than swimming in the ocean, but I've been craving escaping from DC for a little while.

The OC...MD
 I wish there was more to do in DC, but alas, even with museums and all that jazz, things do get boring. My search for a second job has been put on pause for the time being but I plan to resume my search soon. I'll just keep going to the gym and finding random things to do to fill my time.

JP

4 comments:

  1. Here in New Brunswick Canada we have loads of rivers and lakes with beaches. Nice ocean beaches too but the water is too cold to swim in. My fondest memories of my youth are the many long lazy summer days we spent at beaches; swimming, partying, and baking ourselves brown in the sun. Best of all was the beach far away from parents' prying eyes and lots of forest for privacy (and a nice big rock to dive off). Let's just say that the smell of the forest today still brings back some sexual memories! I despise 'development' today where the beautiful forests are cut down and replaced by lawns, and the wonderful beaches are bought up by rich lawyers and businessmen. I remember laying on that beach as a young man listening to a song on the radio by Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi; one line was 'Pave paradise, put up a parking lot' and I wondered then what it meant. A rich lawyer now owns that beach and the little island attached to it. The early Aboriginals used to wonder at the concept of 'owning' land and thought it ridiculous; I see their point of view now. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't find something to do in a major American city then there's not much to anywhere else. This coming from a guy who lives in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come west young man. And spend some time at a few real beaches!

    ReplyDelete