Sunday, June 12, 2011

300

Holy crap, where has the time gone? I still remember writing my 100th post but here I am working on my 300th. I originally started this blog back in 2009 as a way to try and say the things I was too scared to ever discuss with anyone, not even my closest friends. Mostly, this consisted about my inner conflict about being gay and what I should do about it. In the handful of years since, I've become much more comfortable with myself and you guys have been there every step of the way; starting with my initial personal acceptance, to my very first coming out to Maria, then eventually to my mom and since then to many of my friends. You also seen me through the home stretch of my high school years, my time with the crew team that I still miss to this day, graduation, my transition into college and now the completion of my freshman year. Each step of the way, I used this blog to share what was going on in my life, any thoughts I had, and if I ever needed some advice, I'd ask it to my readers. You guys have provided some really valuable feedback and some truly kind comments over the years, and even though I haven't met and likely never will meet any of you, I still feel like we're friends.

So, thank you guys for reading the scribblings of this teenager from D.C., I hope you've found my writing something enjoyable and a positive addition to your web surfing days. 300 posts may have come and now passed, but here's to many, many more to come.

All the best,

JP

P.S. - I've added a Formspring box to the sidebar, so please feel free to ask me anything, I'll answer as many questions as I can.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still catching up on some of your older posts JP, but I'm definitely looking forward to more from you! Congrats on 300.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are handling things very well especially the sexuality issue. Maybe you can pull your GPA a little higher next year too. It's nice to see a young gay blogger who posts regularly and thinks long-term. A hot summer coming up. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete