Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Once again, home doesn't even feel like home anymore. Can I just run away and see what the world throws my way? I feel trapped in this bubble where everyone is just grey, nobody talks to each other anymore, and I feel like I'm just getting slower with each passing second.

My mom complains she doesn't see me anymore; the problem is, if all I have waiting for me is sitting on the couch all day mindlessly watching Youtube videos, I'd much rather be out exploring the world. It's Father's day, and my dad's in the bedroom watching a Chinese soap while my mom is sitting in the sun room with a blank expression on her face, and here I am wondering why the hell I'm just sitting here.

Honestly, if anything good is to come out of this, my mom needs to stop trying to fix things and just let it go.

I'm going insane.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty uninviting. But then the idea of Father's Day is for Dad to be able to do what he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when we get older parents are ok in small doses. Mine are in their 80's and trust me, you haven't seen anything yet lol. Wait until they get half deaf and you must say everything twice, and the beginnings of dementia kick in and trying to reason with them is like beating your head against a brick wall. Relax and enjoy some boredom for a while. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete