Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Final Stretch

Weekend Update:

Friday: (repost)
-went home and got dinner with Maria at Eden Center
-We ate at this Vietnamese restaurant, the Pho was okay, kinda bland but the spring rolls were delicious
-Bought asian desserts and banh mi sandwiches at a bakery and made crude jokes
-went back to her house, we watched a Brazilian telenovella dubbed in Spanish that takes place in India
-All I know is that a train exploded and there is a misidentified body involving a polo player
-We then watched Ghost Hunters, not creepy at all and I fell asleep on her chair
-Went home, fell asleep on the couch until 4AM and then crawled to bed

Saturday:
-Got a hair cut and went back to campus
-Studied for my accounting exam for a few hours and then got ready for an International Relations Club formal
-Met up with some friends on the first floor and headed over to the venue
-I ate half my weight in chocolate, there was a massive chocolate fondue pot
-Danced to a mix of top 40, techno and dubstep until 11
-Went back to my dorm to take a break and then headed to the afterparty
-First batch of jungle juice was disgusting mango flavoured stuff, the cranberry one was much better
-Ran into Liz and a few other people, Prefrosh accepted applicant overnighters were with them
-Found out the kid was also going to be in the Business School, score!
-Was getting pretty tipsy, my friend A was pointing out all the gay guys at the party
-Got some beer from the keg, did a sake bomb
-I was pretty drunk and enlisted the help of A to help introduce me to this one guy, I find out he's a senior
-Aborted the plan in the end, he was kinda short (shorter than me)
-Went out to get 2AM pizza, I bought two for some reason being the fiscally responsible drunk I am
-On the walk back I complained how the business school has the stigma of being lazy bums which is totally not true and annoys the hell out of me
-Get back to the dorm and devour the first massive slice
-I go to bed

Sunday:
-Wake up and immediately start studying accounting for my exam Monday
-Studied more accounting, and more, and more
-And more.
-Went to bed...exciting day, I know

Monday:
-Woke up early and took the practice exam again
-Skipped my Ethics to study a little more
-Went to Sociology only to find out my really nice but teaching inept professor talk about her rabies bitten cat being finally let out of Katine after six months tomorrow (Tuesday)
-Accounting was cancelled because of the exam so me and a few people went out to indulge in some greasy goodness and order take out chicken wings, fries and soda
-Accounting exam was in a conference on an 80 foot long elliptical table, it was weird, but the chairs were so comfortable
-Surprisingly got an answer for every question, whether the work is right or not is another question. I was surprisingly calm compared to other people
-Went to the gym for one and a half hours, I erged, lifted and did some ab work. I felt less guilty about the chicken wings
-Came back and started my Business Stat homework over a Whiskey Palmer (1 part whiskey, six parts Arnold Palmer over ice, delish)
-Around 3:30 I was done with work and ate that second slice of pizza I bought while watching Good Eats on my computer, guilt came back haha
-Finally went to bed.

Yeah, so my weekend had quite a strange mix of activities but a boy's got to have some time. Work Hard, Play Harder, no? Tomorrow is my last day of classes before Easter break, mom's picking me up and then Thursday night I'm off to visit my friend Christine up in New York for a few days; it's going to be sick! I'm taking a bus but it supposedly has Wifi and that jazz but I'll probably just sleep. I just finished applying to work at a few local Starbucks' over the summer, their application was half resume stuff and half personality exam, makes sense since it's just an interaction-heavy job but still kinda weird. I also finished my app to be on the Board of Directors of a social entrepreneurship club on campus and signed up to be a move-in aid some fall which lets me move in early and beat the rush and a free T-shirt, score!

Other things making me happy - Glee is back tonight! Yes! I know what I'm doing tonight.

Have a good one guys,

JP

1 comment:

  1. Lol I couldn't tell you what I did yesterday let alone the last 3 days. Btw the short guys can be fun; my short friend in my teens was hung like a donkey, you can't go by height! You'd better increase the gym time to make up for the eating and drinking. Better focus on the exams. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete