Sunday, September 27, 2009

*blushes*

Hello everyone. First, let me address the semi new template Fer kindly commented on in the last post, it isn't a "new" template per say but just a revision of the existing one. I've been trying to install a new template from the Internet for the past few weeks, all of which Blogger seems to reject like the plague :/ So, as a result I decided to just fiddle with the colour setting so it's a simple classic black on white with a header picture of a lakefront at night, soothing, no? So yeah, this will likely be the look of this blog for the unforseen future. I think it reflects who I am, simple and clean yet classy, well, that's how I hope other people see me lol.

So this past weekend was pretty eventful compared to the norm. Friday I went to my friend's 17th birthday and a movie (We saw District 9, very cool movie) and it was great to spend time with them. As a gift, one of my friends got the birthday girl a Snuggie (if you don't know what that is, look it up) which in my circle of friends is the equivalent of getting someone a pound of gold, plenty of laughs were involved. But it was something that happened at the dinner that was not birthday related which really made that day stand out. In my school, there aren't many openly out gay guys (I only know two off the top of my head), so, my friend "M" is friends with one of them, let's call him "X", I'm also friends with X on a sorta acquaintance basis, but we never really see or talk much outside of get togethers with friends and because he's a junior and I'm a senior. Well, Friday morning, apparently X pulled M aside and told her "Phil's been looking pretty good lately" which is odd because he has never once spoken of me to M or any of his friends to my knowledge. Now, X did make M swear to not tell me this, but because I have known M longer than X has, she told me what he told her. My first reaction was sorta shock and surprise but it immediately turned into an "I'm flattered" moment which is exactly what I told M. I am flattered, but anything between him and me I feel would most likley not work out. X is not my type at all, I like taller, lean runner types that have a good sense of humour and are just a touch nerdy- because intelligence is hot ;). He's a really nice guy, likes theater and is quite sociable, but not someone I would got out with or anything of that nature. Another pressing issue is whether if, and more importantly how he knows if I'm gay or not since I haven't publicly come out to everyone in school yet. Now, I know some of my friends who've I've come out to are closer friends with X so I don't know if maybe he overheard from them...hmmm. So yeah, the reason I'm making such a big deal about this is because I've never actually known about another guy expressing an interest in me. I've had a few girls do that, (once last year a girl randomly blurted out "O my god, you're so cute" when I was taking a survey of students for a club) but never a guy. So yeah, this is a new bit of unexplored territory I'm wandering into without a map to find my way, o where is the tall, hot, muscular guide to lead the way? ;D

Saturday was less eventful, it rained pretty much all day which some people hate, but I enjoy because the sound of rain relaxes me. I got up earlier than normal and I spent all morning surfing the web and being unproductive (my favorite activity) pretty much until the evening. My family is hosting/helping out a girl from China who has come here to attend dance school in Washington DC, she arrived a few weeks ago and my cousins and I decided to take her out for dinner and window shopping at a local mall. She doesn't speak much English apart from greetings and some very basic conversational phrases so I got an entire evening of speaking in my horrid preschool level Chinese, I can only imagine what kind of impression I made haha. I ended up buying a review book for the AP Calculus test which I will be taking in May and we settled at an Italian restaurant for dinner. I got Chicken Limone which is pretty much chicken piccata which was really good (lemon, white wine and capers, mmmmm) and we sat and talked as we ate. After dinner we went on home but not before having the GPS get us lost (wtf?) which did not make any sense. My cousin recently bought a BMW 3 series coupe and the GPS in the car got us lost on the way to the mall and again on the way back! If you work at BMW and are reading this, talk to whoever is in charge and get this sort of things sorted out, we ended up getting home because me and one of my other cousins knew how to get to the mall and back by memory. So yeah, that was a nice surprise ending to the evening.

This is becoming a very long post so i think I'll cut it off here. Today has been pretty uneventful, homework and studying for the most part, how riveting!

I hope y'all will have a nice week.

btw, this is Aaron Loftin, seriously, I could look at him all day.

All the best,

Phil

5 comments:

  1. If he had have heard you were gay he wouldn't have sworn M to secrecy. Just enjoy the flattery!
    Now you know how to make it easier for that tall, hot, muscular, closeted guide to find you ... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a double standard? The GPS got lost?

    Hmm not sure about that guy and how did you respond when that girl said that about you? (being cute)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The GPS issue was so weird, maybe it's just because of the area but I don't know. Anyways, about the girl, well, it was me and another friend going around surveying studnets and I was walking away when she said that. If I remember right, I just sorta was confused for a second and just said "um, thank you" and walked away with a really puzzled look on my face lol. I guess I'm not used to people being so bold like that all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dumb thing

    Yeah I would be shocked too if some girl shouted I was cute

    I wouldn't know what to do if it was a guy

    ReplyDelete