Sunday, September 6, 2009

Work Printed, Bag Packed and Ready to Go

It seems like only yesterday that summer started, the saying of good-byes to the seniors, emptying out my locker, finding out my final marks for each class, yet this in reality was about two months ago, ouch. But yeah, one day left until senior year which is exciting and rather daunting at the same time, but hopefully seeing people I haven't talked to since June will cheer me up. Today was pretty boring, pretty much putting the final touches on my AP summer work, printing it all out and digging out my binders from last year, dumping out the 20 lbs. of paper that have accumulated over time, and getting all my new supplies organized and ready to go, exciting, I know.

So how would I rank this summer to other years? Well, pretty high actually, apart from the occasional drama (creepy guy asking me for money in Vegas and not being able to actually say goodbye to Ben), I had plenty of fun. I found plenty to do in Vegas from shopping and exploring the various attractions in Vegas and I got to meet some very nice people on the cruise and I even got to bond a little with my cousin who I never actually see more than twice a year. So, buying stuff I don't actually need and making new friends, sounds like a plenty productive summer for me. But probably the most memorable aspect of this summer would be how much this blog has grown - from my first subscriber Fer way back when to the current 11 (do my eyes deceive me!? Love Y'all), I really believe I have found a permanent outlet for myself to express my true personality and self which I would otherwise have to keep bottled up from 98% of people. So I guess the main thing I can say is a giant "Thank You" to everyone for making my summer truly the most memorable I've had.

I'll probably end up spending my evening reading over my summer work one more time and make last minute corrections as my OCD self kicks in, but tomorrow I plan to spend Labour Day doing what I do best - relaxing and spending way too much time on the computer. oh the joys of technology.

In anticipation of the new school year, I'm bracing myself for some high school drama once schools gets going Tuesday, it's about as inevitable as the rising sun and taxes.

Also, my 17th birthday is in 4 days and I'm so excited!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment