Friday, July 9, 2010

How to Boil Water


Ohhhhhhhhh my god. I've just lost all faith in my generation.

Okay...a portion of my generation. Never in my life have I witnessed an event which has caused such a deep, primal feeling of hopelessness I'm experiencing now. Okay, maybe that's also a major case of hyperbole (eek, literary device, get it off! get it off!).

But please, behold the (annotated) conversation I just witnessed -

A- can someone tell me how to boil water on a stove? and no this isn't a joke.
(Please tell me you're kidding)

Z- omg are you serious??!?!?!?

A- yes. im trying to make tea but my mom usually makes it for me but she isnt here. and i am not very good in the kitchen.
(Holy shit, you're actually serious)

A- youre prob wondering how i got into college.
(You took the words right out of my mouth)

Z- oh my lol. it is so not hard. all you do is put the water in the pan, and turn the stove somewhere between medium and high, and let it do its thing lol

A- ok thanks i know how to do the knobs to grill sandwiches yet i cant boil water. fail for me.
(Yes, almost "trying to catch a red hot iron rod with your bare hands" level of fail)

Z- i think maybe you should just not go to school and stay home lol. if you cant boil water, how are you gonna live at (undisclosed college)?? lol
(Dude, you're matching my thoughts exactly. Why aren't we friends?)

A- well im not gonna need to boil water in a dorm room. plus i have my grandma ten mins away if it ever comes down to that.
(*headdesk*)

What is going on here!?!? ack. Anyways, "A" isn't really a good friend of mine anyways so I don't really feel guilty about bashing her like I am now. Actually, now that I think about it, most of my friends don't like her either.....lol. Actually, something interesting about "A", she got a rather large tattoo of her college's insignia on her calf. Well, apparently she didn't get it at a very good shop because three months later, the tat is faded, the colours have gone from a red to a muddy brown and it just looks like a mess. whoops.

Oh dear oh dear.
All the best,
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment