Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recurring Dreams

Hallelujah the semester is over!! I pushed hard until the very end and I think my work paid off. To my knowledge, I think I pulled off straight A's this quarter which bodes well for my midyear report for colleges, and while I can't technically slack off, I can finally shift up a gear. (for those not car-focused, it means I can finally slow down and worry less about school) And to top off this grand event, I get a four day weekend to cool off and tomorrow is a Jersey Shore themed 18th birthday party for two of my friends. Time to show my inner guido >:D

On a more serious note, (not really) I've been noticing some interesting trends in my nightly dreams. For the past handful of years, I've noticed that many of my dreams have taken place in the exact same location. It's some strange shopping complex, mostly indoors but with some portions outdoors with seemingly no doors or walls dividing the two. There are always people and they all seem cheerful and are all talking but never anyone I know. The place is two stories but there are no stairs or escalators and there is plenty of sunlight coming through what seem to be skylights. Like in many of my dreams, I am always running and I feel like I'm searching for something, I don't know what I'm looking for but I have that feeling. I do not feel tired despite seemingly running forever, and despite there not being any means to travel between floors, I somehow still manage to go between the upper and lower levels. Occasionally I will end up outside but never longer than what would seem to be about 30 seconds. It's quite lush outside, almost greenhouse like but without the glass greenhouse part. There is no particular spot when I wake up, but most of the time when everything goes bright my dream ends.

If you have any knowledge about dream interpretation try and enlighten me, or even if you don't what is your interpretation of this recurring dream of mine?

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. Interpreting dreams is tricky since no one really knows what they mean despite the several theories...if I interpreted my dreams, I'd end up in an insane asylum, lol.

    But from what you say, it sounds very bright and airy and free which sounds like a good thing. Even the inside is filled with skylight which may point to an overall satisfaction in your life inside your family and friends and outside influences.

    The running has always been a perennial dream function. It could mean that even in your seemingly satisfied life, if you are satisfied that is, there is something missing. Only you can say what that missing part is. Coming out perhaps? or that you're almost about to graduate thereby making you anxious about the next step? If that is the case, than you have nothing to worry about, its all going to be fine.

    But then again, I'm the guy who interprets my own dreams...

    ReplyDelete