Monday, September 14, 2009

Blast You Significant Figures!

So you know when school's in full swing when you and your friends are already starting to stress out about tests, projects, homework, labs and where to meet up in the cafeteria; double that knowing feeling when you are already starting to experience the symptoms of the dreaded disease Senioritis, a disease where scientists have yet to find a cure which does not cause acute loss of hearing or an unhealthy and dangerous addiction to coffee. As of today, I have already a lab and an exam due in Physics next class, a French vocab quiz on Wednesday, two quizzes, two novel maps, and a online blog assignment in "Super Seminar", which is essentially AP Gov, AP Comparative Gov and AP English Literature all rolled into a lovely 3 hours of terror every even day, and a Calculus test Friday...what joy. Also, being one of the only seniors in my physics class, everyone always ends up asking me how to do things and it's rather annoying considering most questions are about converting meters to kilometers and the most basic things like that(it's the metric system guys, just move the decimal point! >.<). But one thing I plan to do this year differently is try and be more organized and get stuff done at a reasonable time and not at 2 AM like last year so I'm trying to get work done at a steady rate this year, at least until crew winter conditioning and on the water practice begins in November.

Anyways, this past weekend I went to visit UPenn which is the final school I'll be visiting which effectively finishes my college visit rounds (thank god) for my student career. It was really nice and I suspect it would have been even better if it wasn't so cloudy and drizzly the night before. Also, I don't know if it was because of the day or just the people who apply there but some of the guys I saw going on a tour as well that day were GORGEOUS and I mean jaw dropping which I did a few times; maybe this is one more incentive for me to work extra hard these last few months before applications have to be mailed out ;D. But yeah, the visit turned out well and me and my parents went to have lunch afterwards so we did a comparison between Pat's King of Steaks and Geno's Steaks in South Philly, the infamous rivalry between those two places in the battle for cheesesteak supremacy is well documented in the food lovers journal. But the winner for me at least was obvious- Pat's beat Geno's hands down, more flavourful sandwich and 4x better fries, maybe Geno's shouldn't invest so much in flashy neon signs and instead focus more on the product. I'll probably make a college exclusive post in the near future to get people's input and opinions.

In the mean time, enjoy my most recent stuck-in-my-head song, Does It Offend You, Yeah? - Epic Last Song



All the Best,

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment