Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Matt,

You're unhealthy for me. You constantly plague my mind at all hours of the day, your step, your laugh, your everything. I shouldn't be preoccupied with something that I can't even have especially at a time like this. I shouldn't care whether you gave me a passing glace in the hall or whether we agree that the girls who sit by us in French really are crazy. There are more important things in life.

Sure, you find a way to work your way into my dreams, my refuge from the real world, and there you wreak havoc through a tender kiss or just holding me in your arms, but that too is just a mirage. You know I look forward to the next time you play a lead role in those delightful nightmares, and I'm sick of it.

You're causing more trouble than good. I've promised in the past that I would get over you, that you're just a phase. Maybe things will finally get better once college rolls around and we're forced apart. If that's what it takes, so be it. Until then, you're like a drug to me, I may need you now, but I won't be addicted to you forever. You will not control my life.

I'm stronger than that.

1 comment: