Saturday, August 1, 2009

"No, I won't give you $3": Adventures in Vegas

So i have finally gotten back from a week in Vegas with my parents, aunt, and cousin to celebrate my mom and dad;s 10th anniversary and I miss it already. So you might be wondering how a 16 y/o could possibly have anything to do in a city like Vegas where things pretty much center around gambling and plenty of booze par gratis, well I have discovered there is plenty of things to do to keep myself entertained. During our week long holiday, we succeeded in visiting every major hotel on the strip except for maybe Treasure Island, but I don't know if that honestly really even counts and I discovered some stores where i ended up buying crap that I honestly have no need for. But there was one thing I bought that I am really too proud of, and that would be my new Ferrari key chain/lanyard things, I got it at the Ferrari store at the Wynn Las Vegas and it cost me $10, and now i have something every true petrolhead should own, and that is a piece of Ferrari swag. But probably one o fthe weirdest thing that happened to me was when I was sitting and taking a break at the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet hollywood, some creepy guy came up to me and asked me for $3 saying that he was on a date with his "girlfriend" at PF changs and that he was short on cash and it was really embarassing for him. Okay I don't even know how many flaws i could have possibly pointed out in his story or the fact that he was wearing a torn white t-shirt and an open red flannel button up on a "date" of all things, but god that was creepy, and in such a public place it almost frightens me with his level of audacity. So yeah, pedo alert.

So other things I did on the trip included visiting Red Rock Canyon, dad had to stop at EVERY last "scenic overlook" and take pictures or film, which wouldn't b so bad except for that it was 112 degrees every day. Talking about the weather, it's actually weird thinking that I've gotten used to the hot but very dry heat in Nevada compared to the cooler, but still hot and muggy heat here in Virginia, I honestly now prefer the hot dry heat, humidity does not do any wonders for my comfort.

Ugh, I honestly can't concentrate at the moment and I've actually been working on this post for about 2 hours now, so yeah, this post sucks to be honest but hopefully it'll get better when I can actually focus.

-also, if you like punk-pop-rock sort of music like I do, go out and buy "A Shipwreck in the Sand" by Silverstein, it's pretty good, maybe not their best but it's definitely worth checking out. My personal favorite Silverstein album would be "Discovering the Waterfront"

A Shipwreck in the Sand here! - http://www.ashipwreckinthesand.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment