Thursday, August 19, 2010

Goodbye and Good Luck

Wow, things have been going by so fast lately. This past week, my William and Mary friends have all left and next week my UVA friends leave. It’s all just flying by so quickly it’s almost dizzying. Today I said goodbye to my best friend Maria who left for her college this afternoon. I went to her house before she left and helped her finish up her packing and helped load the car. It’s strange having to say goodbye, even though I know I will be seeing her relatively often since she’s coming back to the area every so often to visit her parents. I think it’s the general idea that we all are going our separate ways that makes this whole process so tiring.

Anyways, today was actually a pretty busy day and I was on the move for most of it. I just got back from a barbeque honouring the class of 2014 in Maryland. It was actually a very fun get together, the host family pretty much is one massive legacy family with three kids currently going to my university. I thought it was going to be this smallish event, maybe 20 people or so, but actually it turned out to be over 100. The house was packed but that made things good for meeting and greeting my fellow classmates. The people were really nice and social, we ended up talking mostly about which dorms we were in, sports and what stuff we were interested in. The dean also spoke at the barbeque and we learned about what to expect during orientation. The whole event was pretty tame, but hopefully I will now recognize a few faces on move-in day. (Oh, great news! I found out we can’t use the elevators on move in day….and I live on the fourth floor! Woot!)

Update on the college front – I move in next week but I still haven’t started packing! Yay haha. I’ve bought my bedding and I’ve got my towels and stuff but the suitcases still sit dormant in the basement. I still need to make a few more trips to Bed Bath and Beyond and IKEA before school starts though, my roommate and I also need to decide if we want a TV or not. We’ll see how this works out. I also still have an essay I need to write up as a summer reading type assignment though to my knowledge it isn’t graded since it isn’t even for a class per-se. The evil procrastination monster is still ever-present it seems :P

Well, to all fellow class of 2014ers and everyone else returning to school soon, good luck and remember to have fun in between all those hours of studying!


All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in a pretty exciting time in your life! Enjoy and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck as you move in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stay on top of things and all will go well. I think the most important thing is for you and your roommate to agree on quiet study time in your dorm. If one guy has a tv blasting while the other is trying to study then it won't be long before you are fighting. Getting a full night's sleep is also important for energy and memory the next day; a noisy roommate who stays up until 2am makes this impossible. So to live together the most important thing is consideration for the other guy. University is expensive and you are not there for a good time. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete