Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fail!

Thought 1: "Whoops, I really effed that up."

Thought 2: "Tell me how calculus will benefit me in any realistic way in the future again?"

Thought 3: "Wow, that's one bad grade"

Thought 4: "I wonder how many tests are left this quarter."

So I failed. And I mean epic failed. I got back a calculus test I took a few weeks back today, and while I did not expect to do well, I didn't expect to get a 37% on it. It turns out a big chunk of my class didn't exactly perform up to par this round and I was no exception. Not to sound pompous, but considering I don't even remember the last time I failed a test, this was quite a slap on the forehead V8 Juice advert-style for me.
Weird thing is, I wasn't terribly upset like I expected myself to be. Maybe it's because I expected to not do so well from the onset, maybe senioritis is really influencing my "do I care?" sense, or maybe it's because it just hasn't sunken in yet, but for now, I'm trying to take things in stride.

I'm thinking of trying to view this as a learning opportunity. Failure in moderation could be a good thing; it keeps one in line, from getting too high strung and cocky. Also, you find out what you need to work on in a hurry, so that next time you won't make the same mistake again.
So, you know what, I failed; and this time, I won't let it get me down.

Anyways, 20 years from now, will I really care about how I did on one high school Calc test?


Enjoy the rest of your week,


JP

2 comments:

  1. totally agreed about calculus!! my gosh, having my calculus test next week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Pre-calculus it's a pain in the ass but if I want to go into computers then YES I do need it.

    ReplyDelete