Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Abuelita

Ever tried something and then immediately got hooked on it? Well, this past Christmas my friend got me a box of "Abuelita" ("Grandmother" in Spanish?) Mexican style hot chocolate and oh my god it's good. I've never been a big hot chocolate drinker but this stuff is addicting. It tastes like regular hot chocolate but with spices in it (Cinnamon, vanilla, a little nutmeg?) and it feels like liquid silk in your mouth.

I'm not sure if you can find it at your everyday grocery store (maybe in the international section?) but go try it if you can find it.

Anyways, hope you guys have had a good week thus far, only two days till Friday!

JP

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, never heard of anyone as excited about chocolate abuelita ever before, but then again I only have to walk to the store across the street and get some :P I´ll gladly send you all the chocolate you want/need -yes I can help your addiction, lol- it´s actually quite cheap, but should ask for your friend for the recipe so you get it right and don´t feel disappointed. Also if you think chocolate abuelita is good, wait and taste the one that comes from Oaxaca -a southern state of mexico- YUM!!

    Love
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That my friend..., sounds pretty damn good.

    Sorry to see that you are down in the dumps mate, I really do hope things pick up for you soon. If you want to chat..., you know how to find me.

    Remember this, because it is pretty important..., "Nothing is ever as bad as it seems."

    Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm we might all have to move to Mexico.Hope it has helped cheer you up a bit.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete