Monday, November 30, 2009

Standing Firm

So I decided to stand my ground in the end about my essay. Based on the support I got from you guys plus my friends and other people I asked, I decided that I thoroughly supported my claims that what I chose was a civic value and that my teacher would have to accept it the way it was and whether it's chosen to be submitted or not is his choice. I wrote a message in the email I sent back with the grammatically corrected essay explaining this and I felt good about it. I was being American through quiet protest lol.

This past weekend went by way to quickly in my opinion. Thanksgiving was a blur, as was Friday. Saturday was just a confusing mess of a day that finished with me working on college applications and today was a homework catch-up day and I partially succeeded but mostly failed. Luckily, most of the work still isn't due for a few days. I also sent out all my SAT score reports, finally finished my Senior Profile for my guidance counselor and teachers, and got about half way done with my Columbia application. If college is like the application process, I think I'd rather just live in a hut in the woods, it'll probably be less mind numbing and draining >.>

Well, calculus homework is still not done (I'm pulling a complete blank on how to do it) and I still have another act in Macbeth to read but I think I'm almost done for the day. I'm not too excited for sleep though since Matt has been working his way into my dreams again as of late. While I love these dreams, I'm also kinda upset that my mind would play such cruel tricks on me considering just how far they are from reality. *sigh* Whatever.

Have a nice week

All the best,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment