Friday, August 28, 2009

Moon Pie and Gay PDA

Three cheers for procrastination! So anyways, instead of working on summer assignments like a good High School Senior should, I'm watching a show about car crashes on Discovery Channel and typing up this post. Today was a pretty quiet day, I got up earlier than normal today so I actually made myself a semi decent breakfast of pancakes and half a grapefruit which was nice. I'm feeling better about things that are going on at the moment, time really does heal all sorts of problems and issues. All of this aside, I was reading an article online about people and their pet peeves and what really ticks some people off and it got me thinking about some of mine. I'm not very easily annoyed or bothered, i usually let things slide but there are some things which really irk me.

1. Chewing with one's mouth open- we aren't cows people, not only does it look bad but it's also terribly impolite in my mind, we don't need to see what you're eating once it enters your mouth, especially after it's been all ground up and mangled. SO yeah, please keep your mouth shut when you chew.

2. Wearing Pajama Pants in Public - I don't really know why this bothers me personally, but it just does. The reason Pajama pants are called pajama pants is because they are meant to be worn when you sleep, not grocery shopping, getting gas or in the worst case I've seen, going out for dinner in a place like The Cheesecake Factory - I almost wanted to scream at that time.

3. Using your high beams at the wrong time - This has happened to be on so many occasions and it drives me mad. It usually occurs on single lane roads in more rural areas which for me is suburban southern Maryland and often the driver is someone in a Range Rover or BMW X5 who probably believes they are better than everyone else and thus can get away with driving with fog lights, and high beams all on at the same time. Not only is it annoying but dangerous as well for all the other drivers on the road.

So yeah, those are some of my pet peeves, not really the most exciting of things in the world but it's informative.

Another example of my ace procrastination skills will probably be me spending a little too much time on YouTube. I can spend hours at a time on that website, but in the process I have found some very cool videos. This one I found particularly interesting, it was originally aired on 20/20, an American current events type news show which focuses on current issues as well as more obscure news and brings them into the spotlight. This was originally aired a few years back but I feel it's still very relevant. It's about Gay PDA (public displays of affection) and it follows what happens when gay couples get a little affectionate in a public setting and the reactions of the general public who are being filmed without their knowledge. It shows reactions by men, women and families in two settings, highly conservative Alabama and more liberal New Jersey.


Any thoughts?
-Also, the title doesn't really have to do anything with the post, but instead it's some fun cake like confection I bought on my way back home from the cruise in South Carolina. It's like two thin, dense-ish cakes with marshmallow in between and then covered in chocolate. Yes, it's quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment