Sunday, December 27, 2009

一百.Cent.Ett Hundra.Ciento.εκατό


It's been a wild ride but a milestone has been reached - my hundredth post! From what started as a simple online account of the goings on of my life and my opinions on world events, this blog has grown into something way more. This blog and the people I have met and become friends with have been such a great help when things in my life got tough or just out of control. I even got to share some pretty noteworthy moments of my life with you guys like my coming out to my mom despite there being some initial difficulties with understanding why and how her one and only son was gay. But all in all, starting this blog was a great decision and one that is paying dividends at levels I never could have imagined.

The only nagging issue is a short hiccup about two months ago when I changed the location and url of my blog. Because of unforeseen issues beyond my control popping up, I had to move myself to a new location in the blogosphere; but with that move, I lost the majority of followers I had at that time. Despite still being listed, they still don't receive updates even two months on (Isn't the only remedy is to unsub and then resub?). While more of a nuisance than "red alert" problem, I still feel bad for suddenly "disappearing" without notice - especially people like southern, and Pierre who were some of my very first followers. (side note, Pierre recently celebrated a similar centennial, you should go pay him a visit)

In spite of all of this, 100 posts is something special for me. So here's to another hundred posts and hopefully more. You guys really are amazing! *cling cling*

All the best,

JP

P.S. - a special thanks to Dzyan, as he was my first true subscriber (and a sexy Mexican one at that)

2 comments:

  1. Well both you and I can thank Ethan - with all the nuking and some bloggers just dissapearing I thought you were one of them when updates stopped which made me sad because I always enjoyed your posts - I am going to have a lot of posts to catch up on - this is a beaut late Xmas present to find you again.
    Firstly congratulations on your 100 - a great achievment.A late but heartfelt merry Xmas.
    I'll be copying your url so I can check on your posts myself, I am really pleased to be back in the fold JP.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks I feel touched, think I´m blushing =)

    I remember when I started following you you had a good three months already posting and after that it turned from a personal journal into a public blog, Sorry :P But the thing I remember the most is your birthday cupcakes, to this date no one has done something as special, Thank you.

    CONGRATULATIONS JP, so happy for you, hope you stay posting for 1000 posts more :)

    Love
    Me

    P.s. but I can´t stop but wonder, how you know I´m any sexy?? you spying on me :O
    P.s.s It´s been five months and still you haven´t talked to me once, haha, guess I should stop asking but I´m REALLY stubborn :)

    ReplyDelete