Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Guys

It's been a while since I dedicated a post to talking about guys, especially since I arrived in Denmark over a month ago, but better late than never.

I haven't gotten with any guys since I've arrived here but there have been a few occasions where I probably could have but decided against it. Two guys have shown interest in me but I wasn't really into them. Oddly, both guys are in my Nordic mythology class and were trying a little too hard during our last field study to talk me up. One guy is shorter than me, has short brown hair, and is sweet enough, but I'm a huge fan of guys who are at least my height or taller, which isn't too demanding since I'm 5'10". He was almost glued to my side the entire trip (and now walking with me after class ends too) and is doing the puppy dog thing. I'd totally be friends with him since he has a pretty good sense of humour, but nothing more. The other guy is taller than me is a mixed half white/half Vietnamese. He kept passing off complements to me during the trip which is always nice, but he was almost too direct if you know what I mean. It felt like he was trying too hard which I'm not a fan of either. Also, something about his personality and attitude put me off. He came across as kinda pretentious and haughty which are two things which are huge turn offs for me.

So yeah, two options presented to me but no go.

So what about being proactive and chatting some guys up? Well, I'm honestly too shy to talk to Danes which is a shame since they are effing gorgeous, but there are some lookers in my study abroad Uni as well. Of all my classes, my European Business Course has provided the most instances of good looking guys who I'd be interested in, but there is one in particular.This guy, we'll call him Lax, because obviously he is/was a lacrosse player, is especially attention grabbing. He's tall, about 6'1 or so, has really nice arms, broad shoulders, blond hair, and is hot to boot. Physically, he's almost perfect in my book. Though he's a lacrosse player, he isn't a lax bro. He's still bro-y which is nice, but also adorable as many of his mannerisms make him seem like a 15 year old trapped in a 21 year old's body. He's not childish, but the fact that he's so easily amused and often has his head in the clouds just makes him come across as younger than he actually is. The main fault I have with him is that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer if you know what I mean. He's not dumb, but he isn't the most clever guy ever either. That aside, he's a cool guy to hang out with. We're not super close but we've gotten food and had many a conversation together. He has a girlfriend at home which is a bummer, but who knows what can happen while in Europe...

In that same class there are a number of other good looking guys though there are things about them which turns me off to them that Lax thankfully doesn't possess. They are either douchey, too bro-y, or just have horrible or bland personalities. Yeah, with all this talk about guys and what I like, I probably sound like I'm picky as hell, which I am sorta, but honestly I don't think I'm that terrible. I'm big on personality and also on looks, but more so on the first.

I need to be more proactive and actually talk to guys while here. Now that the post-arrival jitters have pretty much disappeared, I should probably get working on it.

Yeah, if anything comes up, I'll be sure to write about it. I'm heading to Paris for a week on Monday with my Euro Business class which I'm so stoked for. It's been a few years since I went to Paris with my family but from what I remember it was awesome and I can't wait to return. Plus, being one of only 2 or maybe 3 people who can speak French fluently in my class of 25 has its perks :P

Later guys,

JP

Sidenote: I've started following a number of new blogs recently so I'd thought I would post a few finds from time to time. One I just found today is Brotastic and College Guy which is a two-author blog covering the antics of these two guys and the crazy stuff they've been up to. While I wouldn't call myself a bro, considering that's what they describe their target audience to be, it's still a good read. It's been entertaining to read what they have down so far so I definitely recommend checking it out.

4 comments:

  1. An embarrassment of riches you have. Oh that I could be so fortunate. Have a great time in Paris kid. I was there for one day almost 20 years ago and loved it. And yes, I the ability to speak conversational French is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Scandinavian once explained to me why Scandinavians are far better looking than the Brits: the Vikings robbed all the pretty girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're only there for a brief time, sex them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remind me of Jerry Seinfeld who could never keep a girlfriend cos they always had one annoying characteristic that drove him nuts lol. I've always had a thing for guys shorter than me (and I'm only 5'-8) ever since as a teen I hooked up with the short little guy my age across the street who was hung like a pony. I'd totally take the puppy dog with the good sense of humor; over-bearing intellect can be annoying. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete