Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Confused

I almost don't want to go to Denmark, at least not now. If I could have just one more month of summer I would be the happiest guy in the world. It's not because I don't want classes to start or that I'm afraid of going to a new country, I just have something here at home now that I don't want to leave....a guy.

While I don't believe I've mentioned it on here before, but I've been seeing a guy since early June. He works at the gym I go to and while we started out as just friends, but last night, while chilling on the balcony of his house enjoying the sound of crickets and a few beers, we both realized we are starting to fall for each other. We couldn't be more different. He's a bro-y, frat guy and I'm just not, but I guess opposites attract because I can not figure out how things happened otherwise.

We spent hours just sitting on that balcony talking, flirting, and just laying in each other's arms. Even when one of his roommates got back from work at 2AM, we all just sat and talked the night away until it was 4, not having any idea where all the time went. I spent the night at his place and fell asleep in his arms for the first time. It was the most amazing experience to wake up feeling so secure and comfortable. That's the thing, we're just so relaxed around each other, more so than when I'm with even some of my closest friends. I didn't want to leave.

I leave for Denmark in four days. I'll be boarding my plane to Reykjavik, Iceland Saturday evening and then arriving in Copenhagen around noon local time on Sunday. I won't be back until December which feels like an eternity away but I'm pretty sure it will pass quickly.

I've never been in a situation like this before and it's kind of confusing. I just wish I had four weeks instead of four days before I had to leave to figure things out better.

sigh

1 comment:

  1. At my age in hindsight I believe we only come across that really compatible partner (someone you can actually love/live with) very few times in our lives. Best to find that partner before the age of 30 cos the pickings get slim after that lol. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete