Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012

Hey Y'all, first, a belated Happy New Year to you! I hope you had a good time however you spent that night. I spent new years with Christine, Mads and our friend Paige who's visiting from California at Christine's house. We had a fondue dinner which was really awesome since I haven't done fondue since probably freshman year of high school. First was a cheese fondue with vegetables, bread and apple followed by NY Strip Steak fondue with a nice beef stock, and finally was chocolate fondue with strawberries, cookies and marshmallows. Dinner was with Christine's mom, step dad, stepsister and some rando who we guessed was her Step dad's nephew but weren't sure haha. He was kinda silly and liked to talk, not half bad looking either. We had a bet rolling as to how old we thought he was, I ended up settling on 24 with Paige and Christine and Mads set on 25. Eventually we pried out that he graduated in 2009 so 25 was more likely. He was from the Midwest, Indiana I think, and had an accent which I'm a sucker for.

After dinner, we took pictures and settled down for the countdown to midnight. We ended up having what we mutually described as a very high-school night. Since it was at Christine's house, we couldn't get drunk like for 2011 which was kinda a letdown; nevertheless, it was a really fun night. We watched The Walking Dead, an AMC show on Netflix before midnight and gorged ourselves on kettle corn, chips and french onion dip, and vegan general tso's chicken from Whole Foods (odd, but surprisingly good). At midnight, we did our cheers with Martinelli's and I made my calls and texts to my friends. Soon after we settled back down to our couch party and started watching Horrible Bosses which I saw before but definitely didn't mind watching again. We all were planning on spending the night so we each got a blanket and made ourselves comfortable for the night. By 1:30ish, I fell asleep in my chair along with Paige who had a sleeping bag on the floor. Christine and Mads watched the entire thing and found it really funny as they said the next morning at breakfast. Christine's mom made us pancakes and bacon (can I say I love this family?) and we had a leisurely morning. Christine had work that day so we all left by 10:30.

So, overall, a pretty chill new year. It was nice to spend time with good, long-term friends, be totally relaxed and just vege out, so underrated in my opinion.

Well, I still have about one week left in my winter break so I've got a few adventures planned out. Maria just got back and my friend M should be returning from her trip up to Boston in the next few days so I look forward to catching up with them soon.

I hope 2012 brings many great surprises to you.

All the best,

JP

2 comments:

  1. Be careful all that good food does not go to the waist lol; us gays are a shallow lot. Nice to relax on one's time off cos too much drama is hard on the head. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Sounds like you had an awesome time with good friends. I hope that 2012 will be full of good times for you!

    ReplyDelete