Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The World's Sexiest Man?

If you had to chose who would be the world's sexiest man, who would it be? People Magazine's two time winner Brad Pitt? Johnny Depp? What about someone outside of Hollywood altogether like that mysterious guy at work or school, the one who never really talks but who is also someone you just can't stop and look at whenever you get the chance.

The word sexy itself dates back to 1925 and it's definition according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary is

1 : sexually suggestive or stimulating : erotic
2 : generally attractive or interesting : appealing

But what does it take to be attractive, interesting, or appealing? Well, looks alone don't a sexy man make, actually, it's a combination of factors. For me, charm, talent, personality and looks all play a role. For me, the sexiest man of our time would have to be Canadian singer/songwriter Michael Bublé.


So why him? Well, he possesses all the qualities I personally look for when considering how sexy someone is. First, he's pretty good looking in my opinion. He might not be jaw droppingly gorgeous, but he definitely has some alluring qualities, I think it's probably his eyes which stand out most for me, soft but tempting at the same time.

Next, he's got charm. Maybe it's because he's a singer, but he's quite a charming individual in real life. This probably explains why he has such a broad fan base. I'm not speaking from personal experience of course but he's be consistently lauded for being really down to earth and friendly, and I applaud him for that.

Talent is the final factor. there are a lot of guys in this world who can sing, but he definitely has a unique voice. It's kinda old fashioned band-band like but also modern at the same time. Same can be said of his music, it isn't ultra modern but there is lot of influences from the past and from the present. He's the perfect balance then in my eyes, classiness from a bygone era while still thoroughly modern.

And if you haven't heard any of his music, here's one of his recent singles.





No offence Mr. Pitt or whoever else out there, but you're not really my cup of tea.

So who would you choose for you sexiest man of the year award?

All the best,

JP

2 comments:

  1. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

    That guy is NOT all the attractive to me but with that said I do find people hot that aren't sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, to each his own as you said. I personally wouldn't want to date or do anything with him (for many reasons), but I see why so many people do find him appealing.

    ReplyDelete