Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is Halloween, Everybody Make a Scene...

Four day weekends really make my life :D. Anyways, I hope everyone had a terrifyingly fun Halloween, probably one of my favorite holidays. On Friday I dressed up as a pirate complete with eye patch to school, being one of the few non-theater kids to dress up, I felt exceptionally nerdy that day :P. Friday turned out to be quite an excellent day for me, I pulled off an A in AP Government and Comparative and got my English grade up form a B- to an A just as the quarter ended (yay extra credit). Our finance class reached a new low for unproductiveness, what was supposed to be a letter of application/resumé review day with the teacher ended up being a scavenger hunt online for discontinued flavours of ice cream in the Ben and Jerry's Online Flavour Graveyard lol. That evening I carved out my first two pumpkins in over 5 years, I think they turned out pretty well, one regular Jack and one of a tomb stone, I'll post pictures later.

Saturday - Happy Halloween! Most of the day was spent anxiously waiting for darkness to roll in so I could set up outside. Most people would be indifferent or even loathe having to hand out candy but I honestly think it's quite fun. The setup this year included a ginat cauldron of candy, glowsticks, seven candle lit decorations and various other things, o, and screaming floor mat and my trusty ipod playing "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. For what started out as a drizzly night, turnout was impressive. Some costumes included a kid dressed up as a fork, a John Deere Tractor, a drag queen, bacon and a clan of pirates. There was also this pretty cute guy who was about my age who simply wore a cape but I gave him an extra few pieces of candy lol. My general rule was everyone gets at least two pieces, but bonus pieces were given for costume creativity or how elaborate it was.

Sunday - Shopping! Yeah, I love to shop, clothes in particular and I ended up buying two pairs of jeans. While at the mall, Madonna's "Hung Up" started playing and I sang along the whole time, by the end, I felt really gay. Afterwards, we (my parents and I) went car shopping. Since Crew practice is starting very soon, my dad needs to go buy another car so we have have a massive intra-family car shift. My mom will get the SUV while I get my mom's current car, which is a 2006 VW Passat, my dad gets the new car plus the secondary hatchback we use mostly to transport out dog and stuff from the hardware store. We were considering the Lexus LS460 but with things the way they are economically now, we think we will end up getting an ES350 which was our 2nd choice to begin with. We went to look at the new Ford Taurus (big on the outside, small feeling and too chunky on the inside) and new Buick LaCrosse (nice, but the rear seat is too low and the Buick label just screams "Retiree"). I really want my own car, namely a Volvo C30, but I'm perfectly happy with the Passat. The final car in the ring is the new Mercedes E-Class but it's also expensive and Mercedes has been kinda weird lately with their interiors and suspension setups and recent reviews haven't been the most favorable either. Hopefully I will finally be abel to have my own car that I can drive to school, something that I have been waiting for for over 3 years.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to some homework but we're having lunch with one my mom's friends who recently renovated their home and invited us over for lunch. On Tuesday I'll have to get up at 3:45 AM (>.<) because I'm volunteering with the county on election day. Virginia is electing it's new governor and I'll be helping out at one of the polling stations from 5AM-1PM, it's should be a fun, yet tiring experience.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and Halloween and I hope everyone will have a pleasant week.

All the best,

JP

O, P.S. to all my Mexican friends and readers - Happy Dias de los Muertos

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow rise and shine lol

    yeah that is the bad thing about a Buick it does seem to be for that type of people.

    Personally I'm not that into cars so I wouldn't know what to say except my parents don't like American made

    Ok later JP

    ReplyDelete