Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sore

O crew, how much I did miss you!

So far my entire body is sore and my energy level by the end of the day is running very low but I'm actually really excited to be back. One of my coaches from my novice year is the men's varsity coach this year which makes me really happy. I've also been driving to school for the past two days and so far no accidents (knock on wood), and it feels nice not having to be bound by others for the first time. Friday is looking to be a super busy day with three tests and practice but we do have our first pasta party that day (pretty much during race season you gorge yourself on carbs the night before and play Rock Band lol). I've become pretty good friends with a new guy at our school but whose been rowing for quite some time, he's a junior and he's pretty cute....we'll see how the cards play out.

Sorry this was a rather quick post but before I go to bed, here's a general workout for us through the winter conditioning period.

2 hours total, Mon-Fri

In any order-

~40 minutes erging - 2000m warm-up, typically 3500-4000m worth of drills, step-interval, or steady state pieces and then 5 minutes back stretching

~40 minutes calisthenics - running, hill sprints, hill lunges, some form of ab workout

~40 minutes - Weight room - just keep the metal movin'


The most evil torture device ever devised by man - the erg


We better have the best beach bodies ever by summer lol

Question - Do you play/used to play any sports? If so, which and why that sport?

Have a nice week everyone,

All the best,

JP

5 comments:

  1. I played field hockey, Cricket, and golf.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played football in the army and worked out of course in there still do today. I have notice that things are starting toget sore more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope never played sports but I hope you wont over work yourself

    Ok have fun and see you later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, more power to ya for your active lifestyle and involvement in sports! I wish I were more involved in athletics but I'm pretty sucky when it comes to anything sports-related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to play tennis, racquetball, ping pong, badminton, and go skiing. I haven't recently but would like to start again: swimming, jogging, working out with weights, or doing martial arts. Also, I used to play golf a long time ago but haven't been interested in that anymore other than watching it on tv sometimes.

    I like the health benefits of playing sports as well as the social aspects of being invloved with a sport.

    ReplyDelete