Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drama Makes My Head Hurt


Ahhhh, why does the weekend have to come to an end. This has turned out to be one of the best weekends I've had in quite some time. I finally got my car today, I was supposed to get one at the beginning of the school year but that got delayed for so many reasons. It's a 2006 Shadow Blue VW Passat 2.0T which i love to bits. It was my moms car but we did a intra-family car shift so now my mom got my dads CR-V and my dad gets a new car. On Saturday I got a new phone to replace the one I got on my 14th birthday, it's a LG Chocolate Touch and it's pretty cool. It has a good quality camera, full touch screen and pretty good sound quality and because our plan allows us to get $50 credit on a new phone every two years, I finally got mine upgraded. It's like Christmas a month and a half early ^_^ , and relating to Christmas, I saw the first Santa Claus of the season in front of a bank today, I actually did a doubletake as I drove by, lol.

Okay, now for some more serious business, this weekend also saw some serious tings happen. Last Friday, a close friend (let's call her M) informed me that one of her friends and loosely one of mine, (let's call him Jake) had seemingly vanished. He had deleted his facebook account, he was unexplainedly missing from school and his cell phone line had been cut completely. Now this had my friend really worried and me as well, Jake was the guy who had told M that he thought I was cute a while back. We weren't really sure as to what was going on until I got another call on Saturday, M had received some details as to what was going on, and it wasn't pretty. According to another one of my friends, it appears that Jake had to gotten into some fight back at home and his father had badly beat him and he had run away as a result. Jake might had run over to one of his friends houses but we were all worried for his safety now. When M drove past Jake's house yesterday, all the house lights were off and it appeared like nobody was home. If Jake doe snot turn up at school tomorrow we are seriously considering trying to find him and help him to the great extent as we can. I know technically this is a personal, family issue but if what I've been told is true and Jake really was beaten by his father, this actually calls for some form of intervention, legal or otherwise. I really hope he's okay and somewhere safe.

Other drama, this morning I my mom, dad and I had to make an urgent trip back from Maryland because of a medical emergency. This morning my uncle had called one of my aunts that he woke up and couldn't get up. When she arrived at his house he tried to get up but immediately fell straight backwards. My aunt couldn't convince him to go to the emergency room so we had to hurry back home. It turns out he didn't want to go to the hospital because he was afraid that his insurance would not cover whatever had to be done. After my aunt and mo arrived at his house he had improved and could walk again but they were still really concerned as to what had happened. They still don't know whether it was a heart attack or something but tomorrow they are going to take him to the doctor and get him checked out. I hope he's okay :/

So what a weekend of contrasts eh? Great happiness coupled with great concern on both family and friend fields. Well, this upcoming week looks pretty eventful as well- tomorrow is the first day of Crew winter conditioning which should be fun (not). I haven't really worked out since the season ended in Spring so I'm really out of shape, if not back at square one, at least square two. I can't wait for the perpetually sore legs and buildup of lactic acid everywhere in my body *eyeroll*. Tuesday is a government test day but it's only on two chapters so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Well, I hope everyone will have a fantastic and productive week.

All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your uncle, I do hope he´s doing fine, around here we have medical health service and still people are unwilling to go to a doctor´s office either ways, it´s got something to do with someone telling you you´re not alright that scares the heeby yeebies out of everyone. And I do hope you find Jake soon and without any problems, there´s only so much you can do,bu whatever help is always welcomed when you´re trouble.

    Congrats on your new car and your new phone and don´t take life too serious, enjoy it. *hugs*

    Love
    Me

    PS. there seems to be a problem with the picture you added, don´t know if it´s just me, but can´t get to open it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your uncle gets better

    I think the drama in my life is on the down low (knock on wood) and HELL YES!!! get some sort of intervention for Jake b/c his dad could end up killing him if he is willing to beat him and I do hope he shows up to school BUT don't expect him to talk to anyone

    Whatever happens I hope the best results in both situation

    Take care
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree the weekend ended way too soon! wishing your uncle get well wishes. thanks again for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete