Friday, July 17, 2009

So My Dog is a Racist....

I love my dog, I've had him now for 5 years, ever since we adopted him form a Falls Church Animal Shelter back when I was in 6th grade. Well, back then he was 3 years old and freshly neutered (poor fella) and now he's at the ripe old age of 8. He's a loving and surprisingly relaxed Jack Russell Terrier named Max (didn't bother changing his name), who is, after observing for all these years, a blatant racist.


Let me explain, I don't know why, whether it is because he had a bad experience or something but he can't seem to stand black people. Here's what happens, Max has a habit of sitting on a chair looking out a window onto the neighborhood sidewalk, and whenever a black individual or group walks by, he goes into this barking frenzy that drives us up the wall. I seriously don't know why, considering he does this to no other people who walk by. My personal theory is that maybe he was an old south plantation owner back in the 1800s or so who was then reborn as a dog for this round at life. And no, I don't actually believe personally in the whole rebirth-cycle but hey, maybe it applys here.
My hyper, racist, adorable dog, Max

No comments:

Post a Comment