Monday, July 13, 2009

Lazy Afternoons are My Friends

So I realized I haven't posted anything in quite a while so I'm now going to summarize what has happened in the past week or so. Well first, I got a haircut and it's now a lot shorter than it used to be, meaning about half it's length and about 1/3 the overall mass, so I'm now fauxhawking it just for kicks. On top of that I just got back yesterday form a whirlwind 4 day college visits tour up north to new york and Boston to see Columbia, Boston College and Harvard(I'm not getting in but it doesn't hurt to look right?) So while I was at Harvard I met a friend who I have known since middle school and attended his Bar mitzvah of all things, to put it simply, he's brilliant and has a much higher chance than I do at getting in. But now that I'm finally home, I have realized how great it is not to have to see the back of a car seat for 6 hours at a time, every day, in traffic.

So plans for this week? Well, I am hoping to go see Brüno with Maria tomorrow, apparently it's disappointing to those who have seen Borat, but then again I never saw Borat (I know, shame on me) so I hope it won't be too bad. Apparently some people have complained it is homophobic in ways and casts us in a bad light, well, time will tell but I have an open mind and easily laugh at myself and all sorts of things, it's pretty hard to tick me off on some subjects. Also, Harry Potter is coming out :D yay! So I don't know if I'm going to see it this week with friends or not. I got invited to go with a group but I don't personally like or enjoy the company of some people in the group and also the person who will be driving, one of said unlikables mothers is pricklier than a porcupine after eating one to many hot peppers, and I don't think she particularly likes me either for some reason which is odd considering I have only met her twice and both times it was for no more than 10 minutes. I dunno, for all I'm concerned, I don't like her and she doesn't like me so it's a level playing field. I also need to work on summer assignments this week, I plan to finish the book 1984 this week and also try to finish another chunk of history assignments, whether this will be successful or not, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment