Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Paris

Gather round children and you shall hear, of the story of my study tour in many photos so dear. Paris so grand and shiny she was, so we Danish students did did many French things, as one in Paris does as a Parisian does.

So we arrived last Monday and started off doing a bike tour like this
and saw lots of this

and we even decided to pose in a roundabout like this

then fancypants tour guide decided to do this

but I much preferred our hot Portuguese guide, so I snuck a photo like this
we rode around and saw this
and later we ate some of these.
(Photo credit Amy)


Later in the trip me and some of the guys went to this

and saw cars like this. It looked like an angry Cockatoo


And for not causing an international relations crisis, being the loud Americans we are,
we celebrated with drinks like this.

The last day we went to this little place

and saw this famous little lady

and that night we went to the oldest restaurant in Paris and ate food like this
 
And afterwards went up the Eiffel Tower to see Paris all lit up like this

and finally admired her beauty one last time before departing home to Copenhagen.
 (Photo credit James)
 
 What you didn't get to see was the tiny hotel rooms three of us had to share and the sometimes bland-sometimes interesting business visits we did, but who needs to know about that? I did get to use more French in that one week than I had in the previous now three years since I stopped taking French though. I did surprisingly well actually and really impressed myself. You also didn't get to see our 17-hour bur ride back home where I also got to play rough-translator when we stopped for lunch in Germany and I was the only one who had taken any German which was....fun/painful...I guess. The same ride also involved angry German women at rest stops, gummy bears, vending machine sex toys, and Rambo, not all together though. Anyways, now I'm home.

Unfortunately, I did get a little sick during the trip. It's most likely because one night we spent a night out in the rain and I ended up with a slight cold. In addition, I now also have a stomach bug which makes me wonder why my body is waging war on my now of all times. I'm hoping all things mend themselves soon enough. I think the medicine for my cold made my stomach flu symptoms worse and gave me some freaky dreams though so I can't wait until I'm done with that.

In the school world, classes are rolling along which I guess is the best way to put things. Nothing terribly interesting, nothing out of the ordinary. I did pretty well on my I-finance quiz though which makes me feel better about freaking about whether or not I should/want to be a finance major. I'll be getting back my other midterms soon enough. I do have a case in that class due next week which my group got a good chunk of done today, and I've been relatively on top of things so I'm not too frazzled.
 
This weekend I'm going to my heading down to my host family's summer/vacation home in Southern Denmark which should be pretty sweet. It's close to the German border so we're going on a light booze cruise before going to the house though. The week after that I actually have off from classes as part of a travel break (rough life, I know). So... my friend Jacqui and I will be traveling to Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary over the course of that week. We've booked our hostels and flights to and from Denmark and just need to work out the train between the two cities now. It looks like it's going to be so awesome.

So yeah, that's life in Denmark right now. It's getting colder, I'm still being kept busy, and I'm still searching for my hot Danish man to bring home.

Just over two months until I head back to the USA....

Take it easy guys,

JP
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow great pics and a great time! (hope you are not going broke lol) The worst of travelling though is the chance of picking up a flu or stomach bug. Get well soon. I dunno; party time might be over for the Europeans with the huge government deficits and austerity. So nice to see the world a bit before we get into the work/career track. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete