Saturday, September 8, 2012

Jutland

Just wrapped up my short study tour into Jutland/Western Denmark. I gotta say, it was really cool. We visited the corporate offices of a few major Danish companies and also hit up some more touristy sites along the way. We stayed at hostels most nights but from what I could tell, they were much nicer than I expected at least, but then again, I've never stayed in a hostel ever before.

Anyways, here are some photos from the trip.



"The Ugly Duckling" - our lunch spot in Odense, DK, home of Hans Christian Andersen


Danish Lunch


Some weird statue which none of us could tell if it was a man or a woman




Some pretty coastal town seen while riding on the double decker bus


We might have made a brief trip into West Virginia at some point


 
First Hostel: pretty cool
 
We went canoeing after dinner (photo credit: my friend James)


The art museum in Aarhus, DK


You could actually walk inside the rainbow thing on top of the building


The Jelling Stone - marks the "founding" of Denmark


Back to Copenhagen for our final business visit - a Microbrewery (Photo credit: my friend Amy)

Pretty cool stuff. I didn't expect studying abroad would be as interesting as this but I gotta say, I can really get used to this. Tonight I'm going to watch a football match in the city with my host dad. I think the Danish national team is playing tonight. It's going to be my first non-college live game so it looks like it will be really cool. I'm looking forward to this for sure.

I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a woman. The boobs are too big for a reclining man, and there is no bulge at the groin.

    How many people were in each cabin?

    Pretty scenery.

    Keep enjoying the time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabins were six people, some groups got 4 person standard rooms.

      Delete
  2. That is such a beautiful hostel! :)

    ReplyDelete