Thursday, May 17, 2012

Employ Me

It's that time of year again. Since Denmark is terribly expensive and I don't want to be more of a financial drain on my parents, I'm starting my summer job search again. Last summer went pretty well. Maria and I ended up working at the same shop in Maryland and it was a blast. My co-workers were pretty nice for the most part and I loved my manager, pay was decent too. The only thing I didn't like was that the commute from Virginia took a while.

While I would apply to come back this summer, my old manager has since left the company in addition to a slew of other changes. The store got redistricted so the new district manager is this lady who I'm not a big fan of and the new manager is apparently  kind of crazy which isn't something I'd be willing to put up with. I believe that good coworkers and a good manager can make almost any mundane job enjoyable, but now that things have changed so much, I don't think I want to go back.

I've been applying to jobs since my finals ended. So far I've applied to three places and I'm still looking for more. My experience was in high-end retail so I want something in a similar more upscale setting, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up just at a regular job. Quite honestly, I just need the money so I can afford to drink sight see and travel around while in Europe. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. So, need someone who with the ability to convince people to buy $32 bottles of lotion? Call me.

In other news, summer has been pretty relaxing so far. I've been getting decent amounts of sleep, been cooking like mad, washed, detailed, and vacuumed my car, and been hanging out with friends like Ms X and her new BF and Maria. I've also just downloaded Catching Fire which is the second book in the Hunger Games series and I'm really looking forward to start reading for fun again. I'm also considering buying a Weber Kettle Grill like this:



Ever since I joined grilling club in the fall I've realized I love grilling over charcoal so much. Our old gas grill died last summer so we threw that out. We rarely grill but if I can get one of these, maybe that can change. The only problem is that it costs a good amount of money which I currently do not have so maybe once I get a job and have a steady paycheck I'll go ahead and splurge on one.

Alright gents, I hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods.

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. The toughest part of a summer job is not spending all the cash on a good time. As for the grilling and good food; watch your waist-line if you want that guy of your wet dreams! - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete