Wednesday, April 4, 2012

400 Posts


Well, this actually makes for 401 posts including those still in progress but damn, this is pretty sweet.

I started this blog back in high school and never thought I would still be writing today. Since I first started this blog, I've seen to many things and have gone through so milestones in my life. I've graduated high school, entered college, started my second year of college, traveled the world, met some pretty amazing people, and very importantly for me, come to accept myself for who I am, and not even just the gay aspect of myself. I've matured so much since I started this almost three years ago now, and looking back, it's actually shocking and also funny to see some of the situations I've gotten myself into.

I've used this blog not only to chronicle some of the key moments of my life but also just express my thoughts and occasionally to get some feedback on things I wanted third party views on, and my readers have never failed to deliver. It sounds cheesy and all but it is still true, this blog wouldn't be possible if it weren't for you guys, my readers. I know I have readers from across the US and an amazing number of people from abroad as well, which, if you asked me in 2009 when I was a scared 16 year old about to share his life with the internet, I never would have believed.

I hope that you've found some pleasure in reading the digital scribblings of this now 19 year old college student and his stumbling through life. This blog has had its ups and downs but if anything, I really hope to keep this thing up for a very, very long time. It's become more than a digital journal, but something I find comfort in and even an odd sense of pride in for everything I've written, and I hope it has become something you enjoy taking a few minutes out of your busy schedules to check up on every so often.

So here's to 400 more posts and hopefully even more after that.

All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. yay. Been there since almost the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said JP. I was a teen back in the 1960's. How I loved being homosexual and how I hated the way straight society tried to make me feel about it. Back then homosexual social life was underground in large cities and almost non-existent in small cities and towns. Not being able to acknowledge one's sexuality back then made social life very difficult, and I did not want to deceive a girl and get married to be 'respectable'. At least I could live with my conscience and as I got older the freedom (and not being in divorce court lol) was really nice.
    -Today for a young gay guy to be able to go on the Internet and see his sexuality validated and not feel alone, and even make social connections is so wonderful. It is quite difficult for straight people to call homosexuality 'unnatural' or 'not normal' when hundreds of thousands of videos and pics say otherwise. Personally I think it is nature's way of saying there are enough people on this planet already.
    -But the damage done to me by straight society in my younger years will stay with me unto the grave, unfortunately, and that is something I don't want for young homosexuals today. The potential of my life was limited, and I find that difficult to forgive. - Wayne

    ReplyDelete