Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Brace Yourselves...

...Finals are here.
Today was my last day of classes and that means that it's less than a week until finals begin. My first final is next Tuesday and then I have one every day until Thursday which I have a double Managerial Accounting and German final. I'm just trying to take things one day at a time right now. I have a study schedule set up for the rest of this week and the weekend and I'm ready with coffee and snacks in tow. I even bought a new mattress pad so I can sleep better; my bed feels like a cloud now. Hopefully I can stick to this schedule and it will pay off but in the mean time, I'm probably going to be MIA for the rest of the week so I apologize ahead of time.

It feels like this semester went by much more quickly than last semester. I think it's because I know my place, have my friends and all that stuff so the days didn't feel nearly as long as they did before. It's nice but also bittersweet because that means an entire semester of my college life is done. I love it here so much that I want it to last and right now I feel that before I know it, I'll be graduating and leaving into the real world which I really don't want to do. Is it bad to say I want to stay being a kid for the rest of my life?

In other news, I've been hired to be publicity director for one of the theatre group's production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee which has been pretty cool overall. It definitely feels different than the student-written one-acts festival I worked on earlier this year but I have high hopes for it. I went to a design run and saw the first half of it or so and it is hilarious so I can't wait for the final product. I also got hired to do publicity for the department's production of Macbeth come spring which I'm looking forward to.

I've also been promoted to Grill Tender in the grilling club I'm a part of this past week. This gets me one step closer to the Grill Master position I'm trying to reach by the end of the semester this coming spring. The new board just got sworn in at this past week's anniversary party. The club's been called such a bro fest but I actually kind of like it; the people are really cool and what guy doesn't like grilled meat?

Alright, so since I'll be out for probably at least another week, save for the occasion where I feel the need to blog as a means to procrastinate, I've done some internet searching to keep things kinda interesting here.

Here's some songs, videos and other interesting things.


Breathe Carolina - Blackout


Science Rocks

internet memes - Science: Chemistry Cat Doesn't Keep That In Stock
10 points for understanding this.

And finally, the photo I have on the sidebar is kinda out of season so I'm changing it. Yay!



Stay warm and enjoy your weekend.

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. Exam week forget about everything else and stick to your study schedule and you'll be glad you did. I agree with you that it would be nice to stay young forever except for one thing; being broke! Getting out into the work world and making some bucks brings you freedom and independence, and the amenities money can buy eg nice sports car. The trick is to keep debt to a minimum. Btw grilled meat produces cancerous compounds especially for the prostate! Once a week would be ok. - Wayne :) (hunky photo btw)

    ReplyDelete