Sunday, March 24, 2013

Forget

I do it all to forget.

I drink because I want to forget.

I run because I want to forget.

I work out because I want to forget.

I cook because I want to forget.

I feel trapped. Behind the smiles and light conversation, we all know we're fighting against each other for that one job, that one position, that one moment of acknowledgement that you did something right for once.

I miss feeling like I'm in control of things. I miss having that close knit group that I can always rely on. I miss the way things were.

2 comments:

  1. Well there are plenty of good things that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, that's life. Things don't stay the way they were. Hopefully, as you continue along, you'll realize that, like everybody else, even if you aren't in total control of things, you have partial control. You can make things better, or you can make them worse.

    Being an adult can be scary. But you don't have to secure your future right now. In fact, you can't secure it. All you can do, all you need to do, is make the decisions which seem right at the moment. And that moves you to the next moment. Life is a series of answers to the question, "What do I do now?" Sometimes the answers are important; sometimes they're trivial. Sometimes they're obvious; sometimes they're almost guesses. but they all lead to the next moment, and the next question.

    What this means is that there are always opportunities, possibilities. No success is absolute, but no failure is absolute either.

    If there are regrets that you'd rather forget. let time obscure the memory. You don't have to run away. The past is gone. Life is new every minute.

    So hang in there.

    ReplyDelete