Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Week of 10s Day 5: Dream Garage

I'm slightly behind, yup. Even though I sometimes feel like I'm on vacation here in Denmark, I still am a full time student and this week has been my last week of class and some classes also are holding finals as well. Today was my final marketing report and presentation for my International Marketing class. We had to do a report focusing on how H&M should brand it's new Concious Collection of eco-friendly clothing. Long story short, my group's recommendation ended up becoming a 13 page report detailing a complete company revamp and 30 minute presentation which ended up with our professor calling our report and presentation "perfect". The only fault he could find? He wished we included a table of contents. Basically we aced it. Fucking awesome!

So what I have for today is actually a question I had for another blog I follow, Closet Car Guy, who is also doing a post-per-day type thing all December. I asked him (and he awesomely answered) about his dream garage. I asked for his top 5 regardless of price which I will now answer myself except with ten, given this is a Week of 10s afterall.

1. Toyota Land Cruiser
2010 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV
It's a big brute of an SUV, but if the zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, I can not think of a better go-anywhere luxo-tank to be in when running them over.

2. Volvo V60 T6 AWD

The perfect everyday driver. 300HP, all-wheel drive, wagon space and versatility, sporty driving dynamics, and traditional Volvo comfort and safety. Too bad it can't be bought in the US.

3. Lexus LFA
2012 Lexus LFA Coupe
Have you heard this thing!?


Total track day car

4. Aston Martin DBS
2012 Aston Martin DBS Coupe Exterior
Because I get a boner just looking at it. My ultimate "time to impress" car. Pure class.

5. Scion FR-S

It's a no-nonsense, fun to drive coupe that's affordable too. Good for those mountain roads.

6. Jaguar XJ-L Supersport
2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged Sedan
Because large cars don't have to be boring. 510HP on tap also helps for when you want a little oomph as you waft about.

7. Lexus RX 450h
2013 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV Exterior
Another everyday driver. 30mpg from a pretty large sized SUV is quite good, plus I'm sure mom would love it.

8. Volkswagen Golf TDI
2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback Shown
I've actually tried one of these out, and it's brilliant. The DSG geabox is solid and it's almost GTI like in handling. Plus this evens out the all the supercars and SUVs along with the RX Hybrid above.

9. Jeep Wrangler
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara SUV
I read somewhere once that the Wrangler was voted the gayest car in the US. While I don't know if I would agree with that, for a pure off roader, it's the obvious choice. Classic.

10. Volvo 940 Turbo

I've always had a fascination with those old boxy Volvos. The 940 is one of my favorites, and in Turbo guise, it's a bit of a sleeper too. Overall, more of a weird childhood dream car than anything.


If you have any suggestions for future 10s, comment below or shoot me an email.

In the Works:
-Favorite feel good songs
-Life goals

If I keep getting suggestions, I'll probably kep writing about them so keep them coming.

All the best,

JP

Photo Source Credits: Edmunds.com

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I totally would have picked the Wrangler and the Jag too if I had 10 picks! Good choices.

    ReplyDelete