Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sweden, Vikings, and Boners

Midterm hell week is basically eating up all my time nowadays; nevertheless, lots of stuff has happened in the past week so here we go:
 
Once upon a time, I went to a museum named Louisiana


There was an exhibit on self portraits and a lot of saggy boobs in said portaits, but I was more excited by the mirror room.


Bonus points: The museum backs into the sea!


Then my host parents and I went to Kronborg Castle in Helsingør, the setting for Hamlet.


Elsinor it was called, and it was huge


It even had a stone guardian said to come to life if Denmark were to ever be threatened.


Then we went to Sweden!


Helsingborg, Sweden, like Helsingør, also likes their castles...


...and walking streets. How pretty the Swedes are!


Yet I still found this Swedish bacon flavoured cheese in a tube rather odd. Still bought it though


Later in the week, my Nordic Mythology class went to the Viking Ship Museum. They had ships...


...and statues of Freyr. He was the Nordic god of pleasure and always had a boner. How fitting.


After, we saw some burial mounds and did outdoorsy stuff...
 
...but it was cold, so we brought out the "Viking Blood" aka mead


And we all took shots and were merry

The End.

JP

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like good stuff. I'm sure visiting the castle makes "Hamlet" seem a bit more real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing about this is obviously bacon related products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The historical sites in North America only go back a few hundred years. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete