Monday, September 10, 2012

20 Years




Hooray, I made it through my teens without being cast on to a reality program showing up messed up I am! :D
 
Yup, I'm finally 20. It's not a particularly exciting birthday but what makes this day special is that this will be the first birthday that I've ever spent away from home. I do have my host family though and they are taking me out to dinner later and then we are going to Tivoli which is an amusement park in the middle of Copenhagen. I brought my camera since I've been told it looks amazing at night so expect some cool photos of that and from the football game I went to this weekend. The Danish national team ended up in a tie with the Czech team 0-0 in what was a pretty slow. defence oriented game. One of their best players, Nicklas Bendtner, was suspended for a game because of a stunt during the EuroCup when he flashed his non-authorized underwear.

I don't mind

The crowd was awesome though and I think I finally at least sorta understand why people enjoy watching football games; it can actually get pretty exciting at times.

Anyways, 20, it's pretty cool if I may say so myself. I'm definitely looking forward to many birthdays to come :)

All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! and many happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the perks of being a teen is that you get a free pass for being irresponsible. Run afoul of the law at 20 and it hard time, not the psychologists fawning all over you in the juvie system. Enjoy your youth. I really disliked seeing birthdays coming past the age of 25; the body keeps getting older while the brain stays the same. I got my first grey hair around the age of 30; what a shock lol. Time is indeed cruel to our looks unless one is careful about health and physical maintenance. I remember some of the lean beautiful young guys of my youth who are now fat, bald, and not very good looking even for their age. Check some of the male teen idols of the past and now. It is also surprising how many of those sports stars kick off before they get their first retirement cheque.
    -Getting older is about change, and it always seems to be a major change every 10yrs, whether work, family, friends or just being blind-sided by bad luck. When I was 10 yrs old nothing ever seemed to change, near retirement change is just a PITA. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday my friend. I love your travel posts.

    ReplyDelete