Monday, July 30, 2012

Retail Therapy

#ThatMomentWhen I found out that a former acquaintance of mine not only has a private lake behind his house, but a pair of jet skis, a zip line, and ATV to match.

I don't know whether to feel jealous, shocked, or upset I didn't become better friends with him in high school.

Dear lord, I know I'm from a pretty affluent area but hot damn, that's just ridiculous....

___________________________________

Anyways, while I didn't go out a buy myself a lake or ATV, I did do some shopping of my own with some of the money from this summer's work recently and I thought I would share a few.

First, I got myself a Bulova dress watch. I have a thing for watches, almost to the point of a fetish. I have one that I wear every day, one for the gym, and a few different dressier watches for presentations at school and for work. I feel naked without a watch and I've been dreaming of getting a nice one for a few months now. I finally saved up enough money that I felt comfortable buying one.



The dial is pretty dark indoors but a nice charcoal in sunlight. It's pretty modern while being simple enough that it isn't in your face either which I like.

I also got the second suit from a few posts ago. I'm getting it tailored tomorrow. My mom helped cover half of it as an early birthday gift since I'll be abroad by then which I really appreciate. It feels so nice to have a nice wool suit. I've always found guys in suits to be really hot (maybe why I'm in business school? hmmm....) and finally spending a little extra to have a custom fitted one is pretty awesome.

So basically I blew through two paychecks on two items, but I think they were worth it. As shallow as it sounds, sometimes you need to get yourself some pretty things and make yourself feel good.

All the best,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment