Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Half-Way

I'm done with two finals and have three more to go. My first two, German and Macroeconomics, went smoothly enough. I'm not completely satisfied with some of the question phrasing on my macro final however and there were so many errors in the exam it was embarrassing. Nevertheless, I'm done with that now. I'm hoping to have these two classes be "anchor classes" in terms of my grade just in case anything goes horribly wrong in my other finals though I don't see that happening as of now.

I have Marketing tomorrow, International Trade on Thursday, and Finance on Friday. I've been hammering out Marketing hard for the past two days and I think I have a pretty firm grasp on the subject. The curve in that class is ridiculous (bad ridiculous) which is concerning so I really need to do well if I want to pull off a decent grade in the class. I think I'm sitting at a B+ or A- depending on the curve so if everything goes well, I'll hopefully end up with the later.

If Marketing is the class where everyone pretty much does well, then I-Trade is another story. It's basically econ on steroids (blech) and the curve in that class is pretty large as a result. The professor admitted that all of our grades will likely be decided based on our performance on the final which isn't encouraging. My only comfort is that most people seem to find the class as confusing or even more so than I do so that will hopefully tilt things in my favour.

Finance has been the fairy-tale story of all my classes this semester. It's my first class in my Finance major and so far I've been doing well. I've gotten A's on both my midterms and my overall grade is solid. I'm hoping that if I can do it one more time on the final I can end up with an A in the class. That would actually make this entire semester worth it if I do it.

Alright, back to work. At this time in three days I hope to be hanging with friends finishing all the leftover alcohol before I head home Saturday.

Saturday: Get here sooner.

Cheers,

JP

4 comments:

  1. I always hope you talk more about your hot guy hookups/prospects/mistakes then boring old school work.

    Sorry I'm not sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense taken. Just gotta balance things out time to time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the remaining exams. It sounds as if you're in pretty good shape.

    You don't really have to finish the remaining alcohol. You can send any left over to me, and I'll be happy to finish it for you (unless it's "lite" beer or flavored vodka).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite correct to be focused on your courses at this time; bf drama derails your concentration. Just a couple of weeks work and then you can lay back and smell the roses. - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete