Friday, August 12, 2011

Interrogation Time

So two DMs (district managers) came to the store today to interview all the employees about a recent string of incidents with money going missing from the registers and stocks going missing too. It was actually kind of intimidating the way they did things; they took us to the back room one by one and did a whole series of interrogation-style rapid fire questions. They were asking about which of my coworkers I would trust and if I witnessed anything suspicious or sketchy which I didn't really. Honestly, if you didn't have anything to hide there was nothing to worry about but I know two of my coworkers got a hard grilling by one of the DMs that had eyes that were bulging out of her head and were the size of dinner plates.


"So I just sit here? Okay, Hi, my name is J...OH SWEET JESUS"
Since we had so many people come in the store at once things were kind of awkward. To put in perspective, we open and close the store by ourselves and there are never more than two people working at once, but we had four people working all at once this afternoon and at once point, had six people in the store working at the same time. The place I work is tiny.

The DMs finally left around 5 or so but not before telling us we all had to wear the ugly company aprons. My regular manager couldn't care less about aprons; she hates them about as much as I do, which is vehemently. I'm only working for this week, next week and one one last day the week after before I go back to school so I'll probably just wear the stupid things since I only work a handful more times. We ended up just standing around and chatting about music until I left.

Maybe if I tell myself aprons are sexy they will be.....hah, fat chance. They make people look like bloated cows.

Oh, finally, I definitely recommend Google Imaging "Sexy Apron", I got a good laugh from the results.

JP

1 comment:

  1. It really sucks when a dishonest co-worker causes trouble like this; most often they blame the wrong employee. I have stopped ordering online cos my credit card was compromised twice by some SOB on the other end. I hate thieves with a passion and place them on a lower rung than rapists. Stealing at work places employees under a cloud of suspicion and is grossly unfair to the honest hard workers. You need to keep in mind though that theft is the company's profit going out the window and I don't blame them for strong-arm tactics. - Wayne

    ReplyDelete