Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pass the Chips

Saturday

-wake up and grab a quick breakfast before I go with my mom so she can get some x-rays done
-grab lunch at a local pho place, don't get pho in the end
-go to the gym for a little while, do a steady state erg piece and lift a little
-run home and change to meet with Ms. X and a few other friends
-friend is house sitting for relatives and has a pool we can use. I'm greeted by an overly excited and loud schnauzer
-I'm a little late but end up being the first to arrive
-when Ms. X arrives we go chill by the pool and try to figure out dinner plans, we fail
-decide to walk over to the grocery store and wing it
-decide on macaroni salad, a bag of chips, a whole watermelon and chicken nuggets from the freezer back at my friend's house
-I got to carry the 18 lb. watermelon back to the house, pain...
-we get everything prepped and eat on the deck.  It was really nice out and the neighbors were also having a barbecue
-On the way to go to the theatre, we conclude that both the neighbors are Chinese. It turns out they both own exclusively Toyotas and Hondas, suspicions confirmed
-arrive at the theatre just before the movie starts, we get seats closeish to the screen meaning we had to bend out necks since the seats don't recline
-the movie was really good and it was also not as long and drawn out as I expected. I <3 IMAX
-my neck was sore for a little while after and Ms. X had motion sickness on the drive back and crashed in bed when we got back to the house
-Me and the other two take the dog, Baxter, out for a walk
-get back and I chop up another quarter of the watermelon; we finish that and the rest of the bag of chips while watching American Pickers, Pawn Stars and Modern Marvels
-midnight - I drive one of my friends home and then embark home myself
-I think I missed a turn or something and wind up in the middle of an office park in South Bumblefuck, Whoknowswhere
-I finally relent and break out the GPS
-It turns out I had to backtrack about 3 miles to get to a road I was traveling on...in the wrong direction >.>
-finally find my way back to the highway and eventually home
-make some eggs and toast for a snack and eventually went to bed...fully dressed

1 comment: