Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Boy and His Toys

It's been a while since I bought some shiny new piece of technology for me to play around with a while, but today the postman delivered my newest toy.

I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 II headphones form NewEgg a few days ago and they finally arrived. I had a pair of HD 201s back at the beginning of the that I promptly broke three weeks in. Since then I've been stuck using my old ear buds that came with my iPod which in overall quality isn't bad for earbuds, but I missed the deep bass and high quality sound of a good pair of over the ear headphones, so you can guess I tried them out right when I got back to my room.

Oh my Jesus I've been deprived for the past few months. I put on a mix of songs including some dubstep, a mashup, Fall Out Boy and Katy Perry's ET to test a variety of genres and I'm hearing parts of songs I never even knew existed, it's brilliant.

Seriously, if you don't own a pair of nice headphones I really suggest spending some money and getting a pair. Artists put a lot of work into their music and it would be a real shame if you're missing out because the subtleties are lost because of your low quality headphones. I recommend using Amazon or NewEgg.com for your technology needs, they tend to be the cheapest plus if you have Amazon Prime like I do, many things have free two-day shipping. Same goes with NewEgg, they have free shipping and they will eat the tax for you which is ballin by any standard.

Here's a song I tested my new headphones with-


Kap Slap - Illmerican Blow (Illmerica mashup)

Studying is going to be so much more fun now.

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you; earbuds suck (and they are always half falling out). I have a pair of Sony headphones around the same price and the difference on my Ipod Touch is amazing. Btw I picked up a little digital radio for $60 a Grundig G8 with SW,MW,LW and FM with one speaker, mostly for emergencies if the power goes out. I have re-discovered the transistor radio of my youth cos the stereo headphones are amazing with it (excellent sound quality). Simply auto program all the FM stations with the antenna all the way up and catch up on all the new music and talk shows, and classical; there is even an 'underground' type station. Messing around the shortwave bands is fun too. Has a sleep timer and wake-up alarm too and a multiple world time switch. Gives local time, world time, room temperature, and signal strength on all frequencies. Takes 3 AA alkaline batteries that seem to last forever and has a rubberized finish. I might check out those headphones though. bfn - Wayne:

    ReplyDelete