Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Not Worth Wasting Your Time

adorable.



because I like this song


If people just slowed down a little and took time to appreciate the simple things, the cute things, and the small victories in life, the world would be a much better place. Things are almost never as bad as they seem at first glance I've come to realize, and given some time, you probably won't even remember what you were so upset about in the first place.

I need to stop getting derailed so easily by little bumps because the whole process of getting back on track is too much effort for the small period of cathartic emotion dumping I experience. I have better ways to expel built up emotion, ie going for a walk, working out, having a cup of tea or cooking. I feel like I'm realizing this for the umpteenth time but maybe I need this repetition to drive the point home in my head.

Is this what growing up feels like?

All the best,

JP

-picture from hoyasanonymous.wordpress.com-

3 comments:

  1. Ah JP. You just need a few years. Then you will really understand that for every trough in the ocean of life, a crest is sure to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good realization. There really are crises and things to worry about, but if you can remember to keep a sense of proportion about them, that's a good thing. And yeah, we do have to keep reminding ourselves that, "This too shall pass."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that sums it up; you are maturing. It is so easy to blow things way out of proportion in our minds. I hope your exam went ok. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete