Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coming Out 553 Times.

I shouldn't chase after things that I obviously cannot have. After all this time I finally realize I'm not the naive one.

You've made me realize that I need to take my own interests to heart for once. I told my mom and I told my friend Maudry this before, and it's a belief I hold close to my heart, it's okay to be selfish sometimes, it doesn't matter how happy everyone else is if you're not happy and enjoying life yourself.

It's time to move on, turn to a new page. Yes, I've said this many times before but I mean it more than ever this time around.

I've toyed with the idea of reviving my Facebook "interested in" status and having it set to "guys" after over a year of ambiguity. I should be proud of who I am, but there are so many things that simply adding one more line to my "info" section can do. I'm not out to everyone at home and I'm friends with many of my cousins on facebook. Same story applies with many of my friends from high school and middle school. If I want to find someone to date I need to increase my exposure somehow. I'm not going to whore myself out but maybe if I came out on the internet, people in the woodwork who've been guessing will have the courage to speak to me.

This all sounds like some silly teenage dream to make myself feel better, but hey, some of the greatest sucesses in history started out as mere dreams.

"Settle down I said to myself, things that come with time
Will always be better"



Joshua Radin - The Rock and the Tide


All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. Are your Facebook friends the people you need/want to be out to? It sounds as if maybe there would be a better venue — maybe something irl rather than on the internet. But the line you quote is good advice.

    word verification: gramp — a guy named steevo who used to be around a lot said I seemed grandfatherly in my advice. I guess this proves it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the sexuality thing is a process. I'm not on FB, I guess most guys my age are a little paranoid about putting personal info out there especially with all the baggage we accumulate over the years lol. Employers quite often check websites for info on potential applicants, so I don't know if some info would work against you. I suppose 'gay' status on FB would increase your chances for meeting that guy who understands you, but would family members see this also? bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally having this dilemma too! Ugh I have no clue either, I'm thinking it might happen after high school, im not too sure...

    ReplyDelete