Saturday, December 18, 2010

5 Parts Gin, 1 Part Vermouth Mk II

I woke up this morning feeling strangely powerful, like a breath of fresh air had refreshed my entire body overnight. I feel like I can do anything; I don’t know why, but I like it. I still have two finals and a paper to go but they don’t scare me a much as they did these past few days. I’m steaming along full speed ahead.

I think I’m feeling good because things have just been going right lately. I think I’ve found my niche and group of people who I feel comfortable around, I’ve made good progress on work and I’ve gotten my priorities straight for the most part. Yesterday I got lunch with Glee Guy for the first time and we just chatted the whole time, it’s was casual and fun in a let's-get-to-know-eachother way. He has a great smile.

I’m heading home tomorrow after my Psych exam to a much anticipated three and a half weeks of relaxation and friends I haven’t seen since August, to say I’m excited would be the understatement of the year. I’m mostly looking forward to home cooked food, my dog and being able to have a kitchen to myself again. Cooking had always been my favorite stress reliever and how I pass my time,so now with so much time I plan to be cooking up quite a storm.

*fun fact: I started this post around noon before my calc final and it’s now after 1AM*

I just got back from hanging out at a friend’s room; we had a martini night and I had one very dry martini which was nice but I’d like to try a sweeter version for comparison. My roommate joined us which I was very happy about since he hadn’t really done much with people from the fourth floor much so it was a good casual way to break the ice and meet some of my friends and people from our floor. He seems to have changed in the past few weeks, he’s mellowed out a bit and seems happier. I have a feeling it could have to do with the fact that he's been hanging out with old friends lately with whom he can act normally around, he's been talking about acting genuine and true a lot lately so this helped a lot I imagine.

I need to study for another hour or so before I go to bed so I’ll end this here.

One more final to go, I can do this.

All the best,

JP