Sunday, November 14, 2010

Slowly

It's one of those days where you just sit around in sweatpants with a bag of marshmallows and simply study. The day feels to be flowing by slowly, and I like that.

I came home to help those who were hurt. Did I end up proactively going to their homes and give them counseling? No. Did joining them in just walking around and sharing a meal provide them with a welcome distraction from what's going on? I think so. Maybe that's all they needed; maybe that's what I needed too.

I'm basking in the sunlight coming in from the window in my mom's bedroom, Christmas music playing in the background and psychology notes in front of me. It's more soothing than any massage or spa treatment could ever be.

I missed Mark's birthday weekend, technically his birthday isn't until Monday but I missed his weekend of partying and I think that was all for the better; I haven't gone out with him in a few weeks now. I'm sure he had plenty of fun and that's what matters. I'm planning to give him his gift on Monday, and no, there is no double entendre in that.

Things feel so simple right now, I don't want to go back. I have to though, it's a busy week ahead.

I wish everything could be this simple.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend,

JP

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a peaceful, enjoyable weekend. I just recently found the joys of lazing around in collegiate sweatpants and eating this year's stash of Halloween candy.

    Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that you are mellowing out for a while and catching up on your work. And just being there for people who need some company in trying times is the best. I hope that you are not getting hung up on Mark too much cos there are other fish in the ocean and you are young. Me, I am enjoying some extra motorcycling (Triumph Street Triple R) in this unusually mild weather around here; ran into a bunch of sport bikes and we all gleefully ignored the speed limit (big time) all the way to the ocean. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete