Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Escape

A friend told me something yesterday that I’ve said so many times before but had since forgotten. Why had I forgotten it? I don’t know, it probably got pushed into a corner of the cluttered disorganized warehouse that is my mind. I need to clean that up soon.

Sometimes to help clear your mind and get over something you just need to escape. “Take a trip somewhere; go home, even if it is just for a few hours” my friend said. It was so simple, so clear, so obvious I didn’t even bother to consider it an option.

I need to escape, get away from this campus, even if it just for a few hours. I miss my dog, my mom, my house, my bed. I miss the food, the greenery of suburbia. I miss the lawns, the familiar faces I saw and knew as I grew up. I miss a lot of things.

I’m going home, just for the evening. I’ll be back by night. I need to stop worrying, stop debating with myself, stop trying to rationalize anything and everything I do and just go back to my safe zone.

I’m going home, just for a few hours. I’m going to sit down to dinner, play with my dog, take in the clean air.

I’m not going to worry, I’m not going to fret, I’m going to be content.

I miss that too.

***Afterward***

-Worth the trip in every way.

1 comment:

  1. Well said JP. It's a good idea to keep in touch with your family too. When you get back to university it might be a good idea to focus more on your studies instead of getting fucked up with boyfriends. Maybe settle back and see what happens. What's the rush? bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete